'Thirteen Reasons Why' Film Casting: Selena Gomez and Logan Lerman to Play Main Characters, Reports
By Diadem Pambid | June 13, 2014 8:53 AM EST
After the success of "The Fault in Our Stars" written by John Green, a number of other book to film adaptations are now set for production. One film that was announced for production way back in 2011 was that of Jay Asher's novel "Thirteen Reasons Why." Rumours now have it that casting has gone under way with Selena Gomez and Logan Lerman as the top choices.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
"Thirteen Reasons Why" tells the story of Hannah Baker and her reasons for ending her life all of which are recorded on thirteen tapes. One of the tapes ends up with Clay Jensen. With a 4 star rating on Good Reads, fans of the novel are simply ecstatic over the casting news.
In fact, it seems that the cast has already been filled out. The official Facebook page of "Thirteen Reasons Why" has shown a number of updates this June. A number of artsy silhouettes of the main characters, Hannah Baker and Clay Jensen have been uploaded onto the site.
The images have an uncanny resemblance to that of Selena Gomez and Logan Lerman which further fuels rumours that both stars have already been cast into the film. Check out the said images here.
In addition, Selena Gomez re-tweeted a comment about the film's production on the day the images were released on "Thirteen Reasons Why" Facebook page.
"After this weekend's box office, if Universal isn't fast-tracking the Thirteen Reasons Why adaptation then they really need to," tweeted Zack Stentz.
Does this mean the film is set for production with Selena Gomez playing the part of Hannah Baker and Logan Lerman as Clay Jensen? Author Jay Asher has yet to comment on the casting news. As for the fans of the novel, they'll have to wait for a few more updates on the film's' official Facebook page or better yet wait for Selena Gomez to tweet about the film.
For those who have yet heard of the novel, the synopsis of "Thirteen Reasons Why" is as follows:
"Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman