'Thirteen Reasons Why' Film Casting: Selena Gomez and Logan Lerman to Play Main Characters, Reports
By Diadem Pambid | June 13, 2014 8:53 AM EST
After the success of "The Fault in Our Stars" written by John Green, a number of other book to film adaptations are now set for production. One film that was announced for production way back in 2011 was that of Jay Asher's novel "Thirteen Reasons Why." Rumours now have it that casting has gone under way with Selena Gomez and Logan Lerman as the top choices.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
"Thirteen Reasons Why" tells the story of Hannah Baker and her reasons for ending her life all of which are recorded on thirteen tapes. One of the tapes ends up with Clay Jensen. With a 4 star rating on Good Reads, fans of the novel are simply ecstatic over the casting news.
In fact, it seems that the cast has already been filled out. The official Facebook page of "Thirteen Reasons Why" has shown a number of updates this June. A number of artsy silhouettes of the main characters, Hannah Baker and Clay Jensen have been uploaded onto the site.
The images have an uncanny resemblance to that of Selena Gomez and Logan Lerman which further fuels rumours that both stars have already been cast into the film. Check out the said images here.
In addition, Selena Gomez re-tweeted a comment about the film's production on the day the images were released on "Thirteen Reasons Why" Facebook page.
"After this weekend's box office, if Universal isn't fast-tracking the Thirteen Reasons Why adaptation then they really need to," tweeted Zack Stentz.
Does this mean the film is set for production with Selena Gomez playing the part of Hannah Baker and Logan Lerman as Clay Jensen? Author Jay Asher has yet to comment on the casting news. As for the fans of the novel, they'll have to wait for a few more updates on the film's' official Facebook page or better yet wait for Selena Gomez to tweet about the film.
For those who have yet heard of the novel, the synopsis of "Thirteen Reasons Why" is as follows:
"Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border