'Thirteen Reasons Why' Film Casting: Selena Gomez and Logan Lerman to Play Main Characters, Reports
By Diadem Pambid | June 13, 2014 8:53 AM EST
After the success of "The Fault in Our Stars" written by John Green, a number of other book to film adaptations are now set for production. One film that was announced for production way back in 2011 was that of Jay Asher's novel "Thirteen Reasons Why." Rumours now have it that casting has gone under way with Selena Gomez and Logan Lerman as the top choices.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
"Thirteen Reasons Why" tells the story of Hannah Baker and her reasons for ending her life all of which are recorded on thirteen tapes. One of the tapes ends up with Clay Jensen. With a 4 star rating on Good Reads, fans of the novel are simply ecstatic over the casting news.
In fact, it seems that the cast has already been filled out. The official Facebook page of "Thirteen Reasons Why" has shown a number of updates this June. A number of artsy silhouettes of the main characters, Hannah Baker and Clay Jensen have been uploaded onto the site.
The images have an uncanny resemblance to that of Selena Gomez and Logan Lerman which further fuels rumours that both stars have already been cast into the film. Check out the said images here.
In addition, Selena Gomez re-tweeted a comment about the film's production on the day the images were released on "Thirteen Reasons Why" Facebook page.
"After this weekend's box office, if Universal isn't fast-tracking the Thirteen Reasons Why adaptation then they really need to," tweeted Zack Stentz.
Does this mean the film is set for production with Selena Gomez playing the part of Hannah Baker and Logan Lerman as Clay Jensen? Author Jay Asher has yet to comment on the casting news. As for the fans of the novel, they'll have to wait for a few more updates on the film's' official Facebook page or better yet wait for Selena Gomez to tweet about the film.
For those who have yet heard of the novel, the synopsis of "Thirteen Reasons Why" is as follows:
"Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft