More than 2000 People Petition Against Beyonce and Jay Z, Want Couple to Comb Daughter Blue Ivy's Unruly Hair
By nidhi tewari | June 13, 2014 7:52 AM EST
Beyonce and Jay Z might want to keep their daughter Blue Ivy's hair "natural" but there are people who think otherwise and have even signed a petition against protecting the child's hair from the "cruelty." The petition, which reads "Comb Blue Ivy's Hair," has already garnered more than 2000 (and counting) signatures from people who support it. The two year old daughter of Jay Z and Queen Bey is often pictured with her unruly and uncombed hair.
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
New Intimate Pictures of Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Wedding Surface, Baby North West Wears White Bridal Gown
Beyonce's Favorite Artists Include Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea, Pop Star Drops June Birthday Playlist
A person named J.T from Brooklyn, New York has posted the petition on change.org with a picture of the toddler cradled in Jay Z's arm. The picture shows the couple's daughter with matted hair falling over her face, which prompted the petitioner to reach out to her parents to take proper care of her unruly hair.
"As a woman who understands the importance of hair care,it's disturbing to watch a child suffering from the lack of hair moisture. The parents of Blue Ivy Sean Carter A.K.A Jay-Z and Beyoncé has failed at numerous attempts of doing Blue Ivy Hair," reads the petition at the Web site.
"This matter has escalated to the child developing matted dreads and lint balls. Please let's get the word out to properly care for Blue Ivy hair," the petition added.
The comments of the petition page are even more interesting as people have openly criticized Beyonce for spending thousands of dollars on maintaining her own hair but ignoring her daughter's hair completely. Some of the comments from the critics also compare Blue Ivy's hair to that of a "sheep" while others call it outright act of "child cruelty."
"Because no child who's mom spends thousands on her hair (monthly) should live life looking like a sheep!" writes Nancy Kondo on the page of the petition page.
"I hate when a mother looks like a million dollars with their hair all done and the child looks like they haven't seen a comb since they were born," writes Casey Lee on the same page.
"Cruelty to children has to stop," is what another critic named Annie Campbell wrote on the page.
The unusual petition has reached 2131 signatures as of June 12.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight