More than 2000 People Petition Against Beyonce and Jay Z, Want Couple to Comb Daughter Blue Ivy's Unruly Hair
By nidhi tewari | June 13, 2014 7:52 AM EST
Beyonce and Jay Z might want to keep their daughter Blue Ivy's hair "natural" but there are people who think otherwise and have even signed a petition against protecting the child's hair from the "cruelty." The petition, which reads "Comb Blue Ivy's Hair," has already garnered more than 2000 (and counting) signatures from people who support it. The two year old daughter of Jay Z and Queen Bey is often pictured with her unruly and uncombed hair.
Singer Beyonce performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
New Intimate Pictures of Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Wedding Surface, Baby North West Wears White Bridal Gown
Beyonce's Favorite Artists Include Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea, Pop Star Drops June Birthday Playlist
A person named J.T from Brooklyn, New York has posted the petition on change.org with a picture of the toddler cradled in Jay Z's arm. The picture shows the couple's daughter with matted hair falling over her face, which prompted the petitioner to reach out to her parents to take proper care of her unruly hair.
"As a woman who understands the importance of hair care,it's disturbing to watch a child suffering from the lack of hair moisture. The parents of Blue Ivy Sean Carter A.K.A Jay-Z and Beyoncé has failed at numerous attempts of doing Blue Ivy Hair," reads the petition at the Web site.
"This matter has escalated to the child developing matted dreads and lint balls. Please let's get the word out to properly care for Blue Ivy hair," the petition added.
The comments of the petition page are even more interesting as people have openly criticized Beyonce for spending thousands of dollars on maintaining her own hair but ignoring her daughter's hair completely. Some of the comments from the critics also compare Blue Ivy's hair to that of a "sheep" while others call it outright act of "child cruelty."
"Because no child who's mom spends thousands on her hair (monthly) should live life looking like a sheep!" writes Nancy Kondo on the page of the petition page.
"I hate when a mother looks like a million dollars with their hair all done and the child looks like they haven't seen a comb since they were born," writes Casey Lee on the same page.
"Cruelty to children has to stop," is what another critic named Annie Campbell wrote on the page.
The unusual petition has reached 2131 signatures as of June 12.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff