Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Sign Barcelona Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 13, 2014 1:56 AM EST
Chelsea have surprisingly signed FC Barcelona playmaker Cesc Fabregas.
The Spanish international was linked to numerous European clubs, with Manchester United and Arsenal considered to be frontrunners, but the west Londoners were able to sneakily land the former Gunners skipper.
“I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice.” - Cesc Fabregas
"I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice," said the La Masia graduate.
"They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can't wait to start playing."
The 27-year-old is in Brazil to take part in Spain's quest for a back-to-back first-place finish in the World Cup, after also helping them win the crown in 2010.
Fabregas is the Blues first top signing this offseason, with compatriot Diego Costa expected to follow his footsteps after reportedly passing the medical in London.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight