Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Sign Barcelona Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 13, 2014 1:56 AM EST
Chelsea have surprisingly signed FC Barcelona playmaker Cesc Fabregas.
The Spanish international was linked to numerous European clubs, with Manchester United and Arsenal considered to be frontrunners, but the west Londoners were able to sneakily land the former Gunners skipper.
“I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice.” - Cesc Fabregas
"I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice," said the La Masia graduate.
"They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can't wait to start playing."
The 27-year-old is in Brazil to take part in Spain's quest for a back-to-back first-place finish in the World Cup, after also helping them win the crown in 2010.
Fabregas is the Blues first top signing this offseason, with compatriot Diego Costa expected to follow his footsteps after reportedly passing the medical in London.
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Hamburg Musician Sascha Herchenbach Pays Tribute To Michael Schumacher