Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Sign Barcelona Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 13, 2014 1:56 AM EST
Chelsea have surprisingly signed FC Barcelona playmaker Cesc Fabregas.
The Spanish international was linked to numerous European clubs, with Manchester United and Arsenal considered to be frontrunners, but the west Londoners were able to sneakily land the former Gunners skipper.
“I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice.” - Cesc Fabregas
"I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice," said the La Masia graduate.
"They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can't wait to start playing."
The 27-year-old is in Brazil to take part in Spain's quest for a back-to-back first-place finish in the World Cup, after also helping them win the crown in 2010.
Fabregas is the Blues first top signing this offseason, with compatriot Diego Costa expected to follow his footsteps after reportedly passing the medical in London.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery