Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Target Playmaker says He will not Leave Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 13, 2014 1:38 AM EST
Chelsea target Koke will not be leaving his mother club, Atletico Madrid, any time soon amid transfer rumours linking him to top European sides.
The Spanish international, who will be representing Spain in the World Cup in Brazil, helped the Rojiblancos clinch the domestic title as well as a runners-up finish in the Champions League.
“My future is with Atletico. I am happy in my club and now I have a deal and do not think about an exit.” - Koke
He was able to locate teammates that successfully found the back of the net 18 times, while contributing 7 goals of his own during the 2013/14 season.
"My future is with Atletico. I am happy in my club and now I have a deal and do not think about an exit," Koke told Sky Sports.
The 22-year-old reiterated that he is devoting his attention solely to the upcoming quadrennial competition.
"Really my head is only focused on the work for Spain in Brazil 2014. My dream is to win this title with minutes in the game, although that depends on the coach," he added.
"I have arrived to the team and each day I learn many things, especially about players such as Xavi and Iniesta."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage