'Castle' Season 7 Update: Episode 1 Opens with Kate Beckett at Castle's Car Accident Site
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 12, 2014 7:16 PM EST
"Castle" Season 7 is set to pick-up right where it left-off -- at the accident site. The closing scene of "Castle" Season 6 was that of a stunning bride Kate Beckett on the verge of breaking down, with tears brimming in her eyes, after seeing Rick Castle's car in a ditch and in flames.
Andrew Marlowe, creator of "Castle," has confirmed to TV Line that the fans of Castle will get to see the "immediate fallout," as a result of the accident. This indicates that there is no time jump.
"We feel like, given the way we left off, we have an obligation to start exactly where we ended. So we'll be picking up in real time," Marlowe said to TV Line.
There was no time jump in the premiere episode of "Castle" Season 6, as well. The episode had opened with Beckett saying yes to Castle's marriage proposal. Castle had got down on his knee and had proposed to Beckett in the closing moments of Season 5 finale.
There is much speculation about whether Castle is alive or not. As Rick Castle plays the titular character, he is very much expected to return and that too alive. Also, Nathan Fillion has signed on for Season 7 of "Castle."
Castle's car landed in a ditch while Castle was on his way to his and Beckett's wedding ceremony. Marlowe and his writing team have stopped Caskett's wedding to introduce a new mythology. Also, Marlowe said that they still have some story to tell before they get Castle and Beckett married.
Before the car wreck, a black SUV was following Castle's car. The person behind the wheel is someone who is said to be related to the new mythology. The fans of "Castle" can expect to see the introduction of new elements.
"The relationship (Castle and Beckett's relationship) has always been the engine. These two people are in a strong committed relationship that is certainly being challenged at this moment, but we're looking to open up new mythology, to bring in some new elements that we think will give the characters plenty to talk about," Marlowe had said in an interview with TV Guide.
Marlowe had said that there is a happy ending to Caskett's story, but like all relationships, there will be challenges, as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2