'Elder Scrolls Online' on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One By Late 2014; Bots Continue to Plague Players
By Ryan Inoyori | June 12, 2014 6:40 PM EST
'Elder Scrolls Online' received another trailer at the E3 2014 called Live Another Life that shows what the game is all about and its high production values. ESO is expected to be released on PS4 and Xbox One by late 2014 or early 2015 while PC players must endure more about the bot plague.
Elder Scrolls Online E3 and Gaming Console Support
Bethesda released "Elder Scrolls Online" back in April but the game received another trailer at the E3 2014 event showcasing what the game is all about and its high production values. Unfortunately, ESO is not yet supported to PS4 and Xbox One gaming consoles which made the company unhappy with the delay.
"We're not about it - obviously we much rather have the console version out in June. But it seemed like the right thing to do and we did spend a little time working with the console folks to try to come up with some kind of a thing so that the folks who couldn't play it could buy the PC version and then add a next-gen console version later for a lot less money," Bethesda's vice president of PR and marketing Pete Hines said to CVG.
Despite of several complaints on ESO, Bethesda managed to deliver one important element in the game as always with other "Elder Scrolls" series - the main storyline. ESO starts during the second era where three factions formed by nations in Tamriel to defend itself against the Imperials under the influence of the daedric prince Molag Bal.
The second era covers the Fighters Guild which bears no influence in Skyrim and represented by The Companions and the return of the Mages Guild that has been dissolved after the Oblivion Crisis but did not affect the College of Winterhold in Skyrim.
Crisis Playing ESO
With all of the new graphics and new storyline, players are facing the ultimate crisis on every known MMORPG - The Bots.
Bots are very common on several online games and it is a form of cheating since bot players don't have to control the character manually. Unfortunately, bots can deliver severe impact to loyal players and the server itself.
Bots use spam accounts run by computer programs instead of real players and bot characters perform actions in automatic pilot that lets them do stuff such as gather items, kill monster and more.
Additionally, bots in ESO affect economy and players fear the possibility of severing supply and demand of essential items needed by everyone. According to Kotaku, ZeniMax Online Studios is enforcing and making great deal of effort by releasing new patches to fix major bugs against glitches in economy, trade and bots.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown