'Elder Scrolls Online' on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One By Late 2014; Bots Continue to Plague Players
By Ryan Inoyori | June 12, 2014 6:40 PM EST
'Elder Scrolls Online' received another trailer at the E3 2014 called Live Another Life that shows what the game is all about and its high production values. ESO is expected to be released on PS4 and Xbox One by late 2014 or early 2015 while PC players must endure more about the bot plague.
Elder Scrolls Online E3 and Gaming Console Support
Bethesda released "Elder Scrolls Online" back in April but the game received another trailer at the E3 2014 event showcasing what the game is all about and its high production values. Unfortunately, ESO is not yet supported to PS4 and Xbox One gaming consoles which made the company unhappy with the delay.
"We're not about it - obviously we much rather have the console version out in June. But it seemed like the right thing to do and we did spend a little time working with the console folks to try to come up with some kind of a thing so that the folks who couldn't play it could buy the PC version and then add a next-gen console version later for a lot less money," Bethesda's vice president of PR and marketing Pete Hines said to CVG.
Despite of several complaints on ESO, Bethesda managed to deliver one important element in the game as always with other "Elder Scrolls" series - the main storyline. ESO starts during the second era where three factions formed by nations in Tamriel to defend itself against the Imperials under the influence of the daedric prince Molag Bal.
The second era covers the Fighters Guild which bears no influence in Skyrim and represented by The Companions and the return of the Mages Guild that has been dissolved after the Oblivion Crisis but did not affect the College of Winterhold in Skyrim.
Crisis Playing ESO
With all of the new graphics and new storyline, players are facing the ultimate crisis on every known MMORPG - The Bots.
Bots are very common on several online games and it is a form of cheating since bot players don't have to control the character manually. Unfortunately, bots can deliver severe impact to loyal players and the server itself.
Bots use spam accounts run by computer programs instead of real players and bot characters perform actions in automatic pilot that lets them do stuff such as gather items, kill monster and more.
Additionally, bots in ESO affect economy and players fear the possibility of severing supply and demand of essential items needed by everyone. According to Kotaku, ZeniMax Online Studios is enforcing and making great deal of effort by releasing new patches to fix major bugs against glitches in economy, trade and bots.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans