FIFA World Cup 2014 Opening Ceremony Time Plus Details: Jennifer Lopez to Perform Official Song 'We Are One' Live in Brazil With Pitbull
By Sonalee singh | June 12, 2014 6:26 PM EST
Gear up for a scintillating performance by Jennifer Lopez at the FIFA World Cup 2014 Opening Ceremony.
Contrary to previous reports the singer won't be performing at the World Cup, it has come to fore that JLo would be coming with rapper Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia in Sao Paulo on Thursday.
"Jennifer has always wanted to participate in the World Cup opening ceremonies," a source told People magazine about Lopez's participation in the much awaited sports event. "We have been trying to work out scheduling and logistics. Any statements to the contrary were premature. Jennifer would not want to disappoint her fans or fans of futbol. She will be there."
Lopez would be performing this year's official World Cup song, "We Are One (Ole Ola). The song, according to reports, is a tribute to Brazil's and it's nature, people and football.
The music video of the song was uploaded on YouTube on May 16 and since then it has received more than 74 million hits.
Watch the FIFA World Cup 2014 officia song here:
When the news of Lopez canceling the opening ceremony song went widespread, it was speculated JLo is currently facing personal issues. The singer has recently split with long-time boyfriend Casper Smart.
But the actress-singer is currently rumored to be dating "DWTS" winner Makism Chemrkovsky and the couple can make an official statement anytime, Media Takeout reported.
FIFA World Cup 2014 Opening Ceremony Time and Details
FIFA's World Cup 2014 opening ceremony will be 3:15 p.m. local time on Thursday (17:00 GMT/10:30pm IST) and it will take place at the Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The ceremony will be a music and dance spectacle with more than 600 dancers taking the stage. Beyonce and "The Beatles" Sir Paul McCartney are expected to perform.
The opening ceremony would continue until 5:15 p.m. (19:00 GMT/12:30am IST). The live telecast of FIFA World Cup 214 will happen all over the world and it is expected that the event would draw more than 1 billion television viewers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand