FIFA World Cup 2014 Opening Ceremony Time Plus Details: Jennifer Lopez to Perform Official Song 'We Are One' Live in Brazil With Pitbull
By Sonalee singh | June 12, 2014 6:26 PM EST
Gear up for a scintillating performance by Jennifer Lopez at the FIFA World Cup 2014 Opening Ceremony.
Contrary to previous reports the singer won't be performing at the World Cup, it has come to fore that JLo would be coming with rapper Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia in Sao Paulo on Thursday.
"Jennifer has always wanted to participate in the World Cup opening ceremonies," a source told People magazine about Lopez's participation in the much awaited sports event. "We have been trying to work out scheduling and logistics. Any statements to the contrary were premature. Jennifer would not want to disappoint her fans or fans of futbol. She will be there."
Lopez would be performing this year's official World Cup song, "We Are One (Ole Ola). The song, according to reports, is a tribute to Brazil's and it's nature, people and football.
The music video of the song was uploaded on YouTube on May 16 and since then it has received more than 74 million hits.
Watch the FIFA World Cup 2014 officia song here:
When the news of Lopez canceling the opening ceremony song went widespread, it was speculated JLo is currently facing personal issues. The singer has recently split with long-time boyfriend Casper Smart.
But the actress-singer is currently rumored to be dating "DWTS" winner Makism Chemrkovsky and the couple can make an official statement anytime, Media Takeout reported.
FIFA World Cup 2014 Opening Ceremony Time and Details
FIFA's World Cup 2014 opening ceremony will be 3:15 p.m. local time on Thursday (17:00 GMT/10:30pm IST) and it will take place at the Arena Corinthians in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The ceremony will be a music and dance spectacle with more than 600 dancers taking the stage. Beyonce and "The Beatles" Sir Paul McCartney are expected to perform.
The opening ceremony would continue until 5:15 p.m. (19:00 GMT/12:30am IST). The live telecast of FIFA World Cup 214 will happen all over the world and it is expected that the event would draw more than 1 billion television viewers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions