Guide: Do's And Don't's On Father's Day Greeting Cards
By Tanya Diente | June 12, 2014 6:10 PM EST
The celebration of Father's Day will be on June 15. It's a day to show our appreciation for all fathers worldwide.
A father and his son enjoy a sunny day by a huge statue of Lenin in central Donetsk, May 28, 2014.
While friends and family struggle to find the perfect gift for fathers, a simple greeting card may mean more as long as the do's and don'ts of Father's Day greetings are kept in mind when writing the message on the card.
According to the thestreet, dads normally grill and chill with the family on Father's Day. Regardless, Father's Day becomes special with a special message written on a Father's Day card.
What To Write
1. "Happy Father's Day to the man who's the best dad 365 days a year!"
2. "Thanks dad for all that you've done for us. Happy Father's Day."
3. "You're my one and only dad, and I'll always have a special place in my heart for you."
4. "Right from the start, you've been a strong and steady presence in my life. Thank you for being there every day with just the love and guidance I've needed."
5. "With love and thanks for an amazing man I'll always look up to."
6. "Don't know where I'd be without your wisdom and guidance."
7. "Just wanted to recognize you on Father's Day for being such a caring and positive influence in my life. I'm more grateful than you could ever know."
8. "Having you in my life has made all the difference in the world to me."
9. "You've always gone above and beyond to support me and celebrate important times in my life. That's why I'm thinking of you with special gratitude on Father's Day."
10. "On Father's Day, we hope you feel honored for all your years of leading our family. And every day, we hope you feel how loved you are."
What Not to Write
1. "I can never repay you for all of the amazing things you've done for me over the years. Also, I can never repay the money you loaned me for those ID tickets. Thought you should know."
2. You are the best dad a kid could ever hope for. That said, can we discuss modifying my curfew?"
3. For Father's Day this year, my gift to you is a day without a single eye-roll or snarky comment, so long as you don't speak, move or be in the same room as me."
4. "Of all the dads in the world, I'm glad you're mine, because I can't imagine any other dad being as easy to make fun of as you."
5. I'm sorry for the time I said that I wished you were more like my BFF's dad. I only said that because he doesn't yell along at the top of his lungs to classic rock when he gives us a ride. I love you!"
6. "Dad, thank you for all of your unconditional love, support and words of encouragement, even when I screw up royally. That'll sure come in handy in college."
7. When I fell down, you'd pick me up. When I would scrape my knee, you'd kiss it and make it better. When I took out your car and wound up getting that huge dent in it last week and didn't tell you about it until right now, you were so cool and didn't get mad at me at all. Right, Dad? Right?"
8. "I am telling you a secret today but you have to promise you won't tell mom about it. Promise? Okay! I love you more than mom. I always did."
9. "I guess we could've asked for a better father, but I'm not sure God has figured out how to make one yet. Happy Father's Day!"
10. "Please accept this Father's Day card as a token of my poverty."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- At What Age Do Boys And Girls Look Best To Each Other?
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date