Guide: Do's And Don't's On Father's Day Greeting Cards
By Tanya Diente | June 12, 2014 6:10 PM EST
The celebration of Father's Day will be on June 15. It's a day to show our appreciation for all fathers worldwide.
A father and his son enjoy a sunny day by a huge statue of Lenin in central Donetsk, May 28, 2014.
While friends and family struggle to find the perfect gift for fathers, a simple greeting card may mean more as long as the do's and don'ts of Father's Day greetings are kept in mind when writing the message on the card.
According to the thestreet, dads normally grill and chill with the family on Father's Day. Regardless, Father's Day becomes special with a special message written on a Father's Day card.
What To Write
1. "Happy Father's Day to the man who's the best dad 365 days a year!"
2. "Thanks dad for all that you've done for us. Happy Father's Day."
3. "You're my one and only dad, and I'll always have a special place in my heart for you."
4. "Right from the start, you've been a strong and steady presence in my life. Thank you for being there every day with just the love and guidance I've needed."
5. "With love and thanks for an amazing man I'll always look up to."
6. "Don't know where I'd be without your wisdom and guidance."
7. "Just wanted to recognize you on Father's Day for being such a caring and positive influence in my life. I'm more grateful than you could ever know."
8. "Having you in my life has made all the difference in the world to me."
9. "You've always gone above and beyond to support me and celebrate important times in my life. That's why I'm thinking of you with special gratitude on Father's Day."
10. "On Father's Day, we hope you feel honored for all your years of leading our family. And every day, we hope you feel how loved you are."
What Not to Write
1. "I can never repay you for all of the amazing things you've done for me over the years. Also, I can never repay the money you loaned me for those ID tickets. Thought you should know."
2. You are the best dad a kid could ever hope for. That said, can we discuss modifying my curfew?"
3. For Father's Day this year, my gift to you is a day without a single eye-roll or snarky comment, so long as you don't speak, move or be in the same room as me."
4. "Of all the dads in the world, I'm glad you're mine, because I can't imagine any other dad being as easy to make fun of as you."
5. I'm sorry for the time I said that I wished you were more like my BFF's dad. I only said that because he doesn't yell along at the top of his lungs to classic rock when he gives us a ride. I love you!"
6. "Dad, thank you for all of your unconditional love, support and words of encouragement, even when I screw up royally. That'll sure come in handy in college."
7. When I fell down, you'd pick me up. When I would scrape my knee, you'd kiss it and make it better. When I took out your car and wound up getting that huge dent in it last week and didn't tell you about it until right now, you were so cool and didn't get mad at me at all. Right, Dad? Right?"
8. "I am telling you a secret today but you have to promise you won't tell mom about it. Promise? Okay! I love you more than mom. I always did."
9. "I guess we could've asked for a better father, but I'm not sure God has figured out how to make one yet. Happy Father's Day!"
10. "Please accept this Father's Day card as a token of my poverty."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’