'Sin City 2' Teases Fans with Another Trailer
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 12, 2014 5:54 PM EST
The movie, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For," released its second trailer and it is filled with spine-tingling action snippets of new characters, black-and-white tones and shades of red. Like in the first installment, the graphic novelist worked with director Robert Rodriguez to depict the events that took place in Basin City.
This second film installment of Frank Miller's creation promises fans to be at the edge of their seats as new characters arrived. Like in the first installment, the graphic novelist worked with director Robert Rodriguez to depict the events that took place in Basin City. Eva Green would play the role of Ava Lord, a seductress who manipulated men to gain money and power. It is also notable that this was the second time she would portray a character in Miller's graphic novel, the first being Artemisia in the movie, "300: Rise of the Empire." Joseph Gordon-Levitt would then play Johnny, along with the companionship of blonde beauties, money and blood-soaked fights. And returning characters would also entered the sinful city with Jessica Alba as Nancy and Bruce Willis as John.
Following its black-and-white format, the trailer showed a feel of graphic novel, holding true to its origin. The director Robert Rodriguez captured an air of notoriety for showing the characters' strengths and weaknesses. Even if the trailer spanned for only two minutes, it was still filled with scenes that encompassed the mundane surroundings of Basin city.
The Web site, sincity-2.com, featured a brief plot of the movie along with the characters' black and white photographs, screen shots, downloadable wallpapers and trailers. The navigation of the site was comparable to the look of the film: black and white in tone with a shade of red.
"Sin City" got the attention of people in 1991. Frank Miller created this intertwining series of stories of different characters who got involved in corruption, sex and violence.
In 2005, its movie adaptation captured film goers and the fans of the graphic novel. Its budget was only $40 million but it gained over $158 million gross. Film critics gave it positive reception as Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez combined their artistic flair to turn it into life.
"Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" will be released in theaters on August 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October