'Sin City 2' Teases Fans with Another Trailer
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 12, 2014 5:54 PM EST
The movie, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For," released its second trailer and it is filled with spine-tingling action snippets of new characters, black-and-white tones and shades of red. Like in the first installment, the graphic novelist worked with director Robert Rodriguez to depict the events that took place in Basin City.
This second film installment of Frank Miller's creation promises fans to be at the edge of their seats as new characters arrived. Like in the first installment, the graphic novelist worked with director Robert Rodriguez to depict the events that took place in Basin City. Eva Green would play the role of Ava Lord, a seductress who manipulated men to gain money and power. It is also notable that this was the second time she would portray a character in Miller's graphic novel, the first being Artemisia in the movie, "300: Rise of the Empire." Joseph Gordon-Levitt would then play Johnny, along with the companionship of blonde beauties, money and blood-soaked fights. And returning characters would also entered the sinful city with Jessica Alba as Nancy and Bruce Willis as John.
Following its black-and-white format, the trailer showed a feel of graphic novel, holding true to its origin. The director Robert Rodriguez captured an air of notoriety for showing the characters' strengths and weaknesses. Even if the trailer spanned for only two minutes, it was still filled with scenes that encompassed the mundane surroundings of Basin city.
The Web site, sincity-2.com, featured a brief plot of the movie along with the characters' black and white photographs, screen shots, downloadable wallpapers and trailers. The navigation of the site was comparable to the look of the film: black and white in tone with a shade of red.
"Sin City" got the attention of people in 1991. Frank Miller created this intertwining series of stories of different characters who got involved in corruption, sex and violence.
In 2005, its movie adaptation captured film goers and the fans of the graphic novel. Its budget was only $40 million but it gained over $158 million gross. Film critics gave it positive reception as Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez combined their artistic flair to turn it into life.
"Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" will be released in theaters on August 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes