'Sin City 2' Teases Fans with Another Trailer
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 12, 2014 5:54 PM EST
The movie, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For," released its second trailer and it is filled with spine-tingling action snippets of new characters, black-and-white tones and shades of red. Like in the first installment, the graphic novelist worked with director Robert Rodriguez to depict the events that took place in Basin City.
This second film installment of Frank Miller's creation promises fans to be at the edge of their seats as new characters arrived. Like in the first installment, the graphic novelist worked with director Robert Rodriguez to depict the events that took place in Basin City. Eva Green would play the role of Ava Lord, a seductress who manipulated men to gain money and power. It is also notable that this was the second time she would portray a character in Miller's graphic novel, the first being Artemisia in the movie, "300: Rise of the Empire." Joseph Gordon-Levitt would then play Johnny, along with the companionship of blonde beauties, money and blood-soaked fights. And returning characters would also entered the sinful city with Jessica Alba as Nancy and Bruce Willis as John.
Following its black-and-white format, the trailer showed a feel of graphic novel, holding true to its origin. The director Robert Rodriguez captured an air of notoriety for showing the characters' strengths and weaknesses. Even if the trailer spanned for only two minutes, it was still filled with scenes that encompassed the mundane surroundings of Basin city.
The Web site, sincity-2.com, featured a brief plot of the movie along with the characters' black and white photographs, screen shots, downloadable wallpapers and trailers. The navigation of the site was comparable to the look of the film: black and white in tone with a shade of red.
"Sin City" got the attention of people in 1991. Frank Miller created this intertwining series of stories of different characters who got involved in corruption, sex and violence.
In 2005, its movie adaptation captured film goers and the fans of the graphic novel. Its budget was only $40 million but it gained over $158 million gross. Film critics gave it positive reception as Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez combined their artistic flair to turn it into life.
"Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" will be released in theaters on August 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet