'Sin City 2' Teases Fans with Another Trailer
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 12, 2014 5:54 PM EST
The movie, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For," released its second trailer and it is filled with spine-tingling action snippets of new characters, black-and-white tones and shades of red. Like in the first installment, the graphic novelist worked with director Robert Rodriguez to depict the events that took place in Basin City.
This second film installment of Frank Miller's creation promises fans to be at the edge of their seats as new characters arrived. Like in the first installment, the graphic novelist worked with director Robert Rodriguez to depict the events that took place in Basin City. Eva Green would play the role of Ava Lord, a seductress who manipulated men to gain money and power. It is also notable that this was the second time she would portray a character in Miller's graphic novel, the first being Artemisia in the movie, "300: Rise of the Empire." Joseph Gordon-Levitt would then play Johnny, along with the companionship of blonde beauties, money and blood-soaked fights. And returning characters would also entered the sinful city with Jessica Alba as Nancy and Bruce Willis as John.
Following its black-and-white format, the trailer showed a feel of graphic novel, holding true to its origin. The director Robert Rodriguez captured an air of notoriety for showing the characters' strengths and weaknesses. Even if the trailer spanned for only two minutes, it was still filled with scenes that encompassed the mundane surroundings of Basin city.
The Web site, sincity-2.com, featured a brief plot of the movie along with the characters' black and white photographs, screen shots, downloadable wallpapers and trailers. The navigation of the site was comparable to the look of the film: black and white in tone with a shade of red.
"Sin City" got the attention of people in 1991. Frank Miller created this intertwining series of stories of different characters who got involved in corruption, sex and violence.
In 2005, its movie adaptation captured film goers and the fans of the graphic novel. Its budget was only $40 million but it gained over $158 million gross. Film critics gave it positive reception as Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez combined their artistic flair to turn it into life.
"Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" will be released in theaters on August 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates