'Sin City 2' Teases Fans with Another Trailer
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 12, 2014 5:54 PM EST
The movie, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For," released its second trailer and it is filled with spine-tingling action snippets of new characters, black-and-white tones and shades of red. Like in the first installment, the graphic novelist worked with director Robert Rodriguez to depict the events that took place in Basin City.
This second film installment of Frank Miller's creation promises fans to be at the edge of their seats as new characters arrived. Like in the first installment, the graphic novelist worked with director Robert Rodriguez to depict the events that took place in Basin City. Eva Green would play the role of Ava Lord, a seductress who manipulated men to gain money and power. It is also notable that this was the second time she would portray a character in Miller's graphic novel, the first being Artemisia in the movie, "300: Rise of the Empire." Joseph Gordon-Levitt would then play Johnny, along with the companionship of blonde beauties, money and blood-soaked fights. And returning characters would also entered the sinful city with Jessica Alba as Nancy and Bruce Willis as John.
Following its black-and-white format, the trailer showed a feel of graphic novel, holding true to its origin. The director Robert Rodriguez captured an air of notoriety for showing the characters' strengths and weaknesses. Even if the trailer spanned for only two minutes, it was still filled with scenes that encompassed the mundane surroundings of Basin city.
The Web site, sincity-2.com, featured a brief plot of the movie along with the characters' black and white photographs, screen shots, downloadable wallpapers and trailers. The navigation of the site was comparable to the look of the film: black and white in tone with a shade of red.
"Sin City" got the attention of people in 1991. Frank Miller created this intertwining series of stories of different characters who got involved in corruption, sex and violence.
In 2005, its movie adaptation captured film goers and the fans of the graphic novel. Its budget was only $40 million but it gained over $158 million gross. Film critics gave it positive reception as Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez combined their artistic flair to turn it into life.
"Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" will be released in theaters on August 22.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks