Lorde Dishes Out Details on Upcoming New Album, Announces New Tours for North America
By nidhi tewari | June 12, 2014 5:41 PM EST
Two time Grammy Award winning singer Lorde is dropping another album soon and she is happily revealing details of it. The yet-untitled album, which will be a follow up to the teenager's multi-award winning last album "Pure Heroine," is quite different as the singer now has a vast range of experience with her, Lorde revealed to abc.net.au.
Singer Lorde accepts the top new artist award onstage at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
"It's kind of hard to explain how it's sounding because I'm totally just at the beginning of the writing process," the 17-year-old revealed to the Web site. "But I'm excited because my life is so different and I've got this whole new set of experiences to draw on," the singer added.
Lorde also added that she hopes to work again with producer/collaborator Joel Little on her album as she considers him "just a chemical perfect match." Songwriter Little is also responsible making Lorde's first album "Pure Heroine" one of the most successful albums of 2013.
While talking to BBC in her previous interview, Lorde revealed the fact that she has started to work on writing the songs for her new album. "I think I've learned so much as a songwriter, there's going to be so much of an improvement because of that," she explained, according to BBC.
"It's totally different ... I wrote the last album about that world which was the suburb where I grew up and populated by my friends and people who were really familiar to me. Now I'm in a different place every day and I'm with new people every day and it's a different vibe," the singer added, according to the Web site.
Meanwhile, the multi-platinum New Zealand songstress Lorde has also made an announcement with regards to her tours. The singer will return to North America this fall where she will kick off her tour in Philadelphia's Mann Center on 09/15. The "Royals" singer will perform on the east coast, heading south, across the mid-west before she concludes her shows on west coast at the Austin City Limits Festival in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal