Lorde Dishes Out Details on Upcoming New Album, Announces New Tours for North America
By nidhi tewari | June 12, 2014 5:41 PM EST
Two time Grammy Award winning singer Lorde is dropping another album soon and she is happily revealing details of it. The yet-untitled album, which will be a follow up to the teenager's multi-award winning last album "Pure Heroine," is quite different as the singer now has a vast range of experience with her, Lorde revealed to abc.net.au.
Singer Lorde accepts the top new artist award onstage at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
"It's kind of hard to explain how it's sounding because I'm totally just at the beginning of the writing process," the 17-year-old revealed to the Web site. "But I'm excited because my life is so different and I've got this whole new set of experiences to draw on," the singer added.
Lorde also added that she hopes to work again with producer/collaborator Joel Little on her album as she considers him "just a chemical perfect match." Songwriter Little is also responsible making Lorde's first album "Pure Heroine" one of the most successful albums of 2013.
While talking to BBC in her previous interview, Lorde revealed the fact that she has started to work on writing the songs for her new album. "I think I've learned so much as a songwriter, there's going to be so much of an improvement because of that," she explained, according to BBC.
"It's totally different ... I wrote the last album about that world which was the suburb where I grew up and populated by my friends and people who were really familiar to me. Now I'm in a different place every day and I'm with new people every day and it's a different vibe," the singer added, according to the Web site.
Meanwhile, the multi-platinum New Zealand songstress Lorde has also made an announcement with regards to her tours. The singer will return to North America this fall where she will kick off her tour in Philadelphia's Mann Center on 09/15. The "Royals" singer will perform on the east coast, heading south, across the mid-west before she concludes her shows on west coast at the Austin City Limits Festival in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate