Lorde Dishes Out Details on Upcoming New Album, Announces New Tours for North America
By nidhi tewari | June 12, 2014 5:41 PM EST
Two time Grammy Award winning singer Lorde is dropping another album soon and she is happily revealing details of it. The yet-untitled album, which will be a follow up to the teenager's multi-award winning last album "Pure Heroine," is quite different as the singer now has a vast range of experience with her, Lorde revealed to abc.net.au.
Singer Lorde accepts the top new artist award onstage at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
"It's kind of hard to explain how it's sounding because I'm totally just at the beginning of the writing process," the 17-year-old revealed to the Web site. "But I'm excited because my life is so different and I've got this whole new set of experiences to draw on," the singer added.
Lorde also added that she hopes to work again with producer/collaborator Joel Little on her album as she considers him "just a chemical perfect match." Songwriter Little is also responsible making Lorde's first album "Pure Heroine" one of the most successful albums of 2013.
While talking to BBC in her previous interview, Lorde revealed the fact that she has started to work on writing the songs for her new album. "I think I've learned so much as a songwriter, there's going to be so much of an improvement because of that," she explained, according to BBC.
"It's totally different ... I wrote the last album about that world which was the suburb where I grew up and populated by my friends and people who were really familiar to me. Now I'm in a different place every day and I'm with new people every day and it's a different vibe," the singer added, according to the Web site.
Meanwhile, the multi-platinum New Zealand songstress Lorde has also made an announcement with regards to her tours. The singer will return to North America this fall where she will kick off her tour in Philadelphia's Mann Center on 09/15. The "Royals" singer will perform on the east coast, heading south, across the mid-west before she concludes her shows on west coast at the Austin City Limits Festival in October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’