Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat from Verizon Out; More than 10 Changes Included
By Ryan Inoyori | June 12, 2014 5:20 PM EST
Verizon Wireless is now releasing the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for its Samsung Galaxy Note 2 model. It comes with six major features, six major bug-fixing patches and seven changes for native applications.
The largest network carrier in North America, Verizon Wireless is now seeding out the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 after updating its successor, the Galaxy Note 3. Users can now download and install the software update by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates and get the KOT49H.I605VRUFND7 firmware build version.
In general, Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 delivers optimised system apps, faster performance speed, support for wireless printing, advanced Location Settings control, new white status bar icons, emoji for the keyboard and other miscellaneous improvements.
According to Verizon Wireless, the firmware also include six major changes, six bug-squashing patches and seven new applications for the Galaxy Note 2 phablet.
Six Major Changes
The latest firmware version brings the following major changes to Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
1. Samsung KNOX Security version 2.0 with compatibility for enterprise customers.
2. Dual Persona
3. TIMA Real Time Kernel Protection
4. Trust-Zone based ODE
5. Universal MDM Client and Samsung Enterprise Gateway
6. KNOX Generic VPN Framework.
Six Major Bug Fixing Patches
Verizon's Android 4.4.2 Kitkat brings major patches to fix the following bugs:
1. Error code popups fixed in Backup Assistant
2. Search icon has been removed within S Memo when there is no memo
3. Favourite Contact information background is now more readable
4. Connectivity has been improved when streaming music
5. Stability has been improved for Samsung Gear Manager
6. Text alert improvements for select factory installed car kits.
Seven New Application Updates
The latest firmware bring changes or updates to the following applications:
1. Google Drive
2. Google Photos
3. Google Play Newsstand
4. Emergency Alerts App Icon
5. S Suggest has been removed
6. Samsung Music has been removed
7. Support for Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 has been added.
Installation Notes from Verizon Wireless
Users should download the new software after the device has been fully charged and if it's receiving a strong Verizon Wireless or Wi-Fi signal to avoid any interruptions.
Android 4.4.3 KitKat Plans
So far, Samsung has not yet announced future upgrade plans for the Galaxy Note 2 as the device already faced software support expiration. Android 4.4.3 KitKat mainly features additional bug fixes for known problems on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
If the current firmware is stable, it is likely the phablet's final firmware version unless Verizon Wireless decides to deliver another major upgrade.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports