iPhone 6 New Design Matches Previous Images from Weibo, Likely Inspired By iPad Mini and iPad Air
By Ryan Inoyori | June 12, 2014 5:01 PM EST
iPhone 6 new design leaked again and it shows a fully assembled product that apparently matches the image leaks from a Weibo user recently. It is obviously larger than the previous model and may have been inspired by iPad Mini and iPad Air.
iPhone 6 Finished Design
A new set of photos of the iPhone 6 leaked online from Macfixit thru a reliable source in China that features the complete and fully assembled next generation iPhone device. It is obviously larger compared to iPhone 5S with a relatively slim unibody, a bigger display screen and the trademark exterior known from Apple.
Apparently, these photos resemble the same set of images that leaked from Weibo under the user name dreamerjimmy. He managed to grab a sample and laid it side by side with the current iPhone 5S model.
With the side by side comparison, speculations such as larger screen display, thinner display bezel and new volume buttons are likely confirmed. However, Apple made no confirmation yet about the images leaking online if it is the commercial model coming out very soon.
Changes, Features and Specifications
Apple iPhone 6 flagship model has been rumoured to feature a larger screen display of 4.7 inches while a variant with 5.5 inches is expected to be released later on to match other branded devices such as Galaxy Note.
According to Macrumors, KGI Securities analyst Ming Chi-Kuo expects bigger changes for iPhone 6 such as 1334 x 750 display resolution with Retina and 326 ppi for the 4.7-inch model, powered by a new A8 processor, 1 GB of RAM and up to 20 per cent reduction to the display bezel.
Included to the changes are the new location of power/mute button to the top side for better accessibility, new volume rocker designs at the left side and the possibility of a NFC chipset.
Reactions from Fans
iPhone fans have reacted to the leaked image and some of them are divided on what inspired the designs of iPhone 6. In BGR, some users agreed on the similar design factor inspired from HTC One M7 while others express their thoughts of its likeliness with iPad Mini and iPad Air.
Other users noticed the similarity of iPhone 6 with previous models such as iPhone 4, iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S except for the larger screen and thinner bezel featured. However, a few comments noted the failure to apply the original design concept by Steve Jobs for newer iPhone devices.
Upon release, it is expected to run iOS 8 and will contend with current Android flagship smartphones such as HTC One M8, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Sony Xperia Z2. The iPhone 6 5.5-inch variant is a much awaited match for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS