LG G3 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 12, 2014 4:50 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G3 or the Samsung Galaxy S5, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
Display and Design
The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1,440 x 2,560 pixel resolution. Its QHD display is one of the first in the market. The G3's display trumps that of the Galaxy S5 which comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 1,080 x 1,920 pixel resolution.
The LG G3 comes with 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 149 g. The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm dimensions and weighs 145 g.
A user's preference will determine which among the two devices, which are both made of plastic, is better in terms of design.
Hardware and Operating System
Although there were some rumours the devices would be using the latest Snapdragon 805 chipset, both smartphone manufacturers chose to use the Snapdragon 801 chipset. The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.5-GHz quad-core Krait 400 processor, while the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a 2.5-GHz quad-core Krait 400 processor.
The LG G3 comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card. On the other hand, the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes in two variants with 16 and 32 GB internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
Both devices run on the Android KitKat operating system and 2 GB of RAM.
The LG G3 sports a 13-MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilisation and dual-LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. Meanwhile, the Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 16-MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The LG G3 comes with Li-ion 3,000-mAh battery and the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-ion 2,800-mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE is priced at around AU$799.95 and the Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE is priced at around AU$719.95 in Australia.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Tipped to be Replaced with Galaxy F—Expected Features [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates