‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Finale Spoilers – Tyrion Lannister and Arya Stark
By Sachin Trivedi | June 12, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Another season of the "Game of Thrones" nears the finale. Given the track record of the show, there are a few big shockers to be expected in episode 10. The biggest burning questions on the minds of fans are - will Tyrion die? How can Tyrion escape? And what will happen to Arya now? Spoilers ahead.
The fate of Tyrion was sealed with the death of his champion Oberyn Martell but the fans who have read the books will know that it is in fact the fate of Tywin that is at stake. Both Jaime and Tyrion know that Tywin is using the death of Joffrey to send Tyrion away to The Wall, even though he knows that his son is innocent.
Tyrion said it right in a brilliant court scene; he was on trial for being a dwarf and nothing else. But he still has a friend in the Spider, Lord Varys. Lord Varys and Jaime together come up with a plan to save Tyrion and help him escape the prison.
In the "Song of Ice and Fire" books written by George R. R. Martin, on which the show "Game of Thrones" is based, Tyrion will kill two people before leaving Kings Landing. Entering from a secret staircase Tyrion will find Shae, his former mistress, in the bed of his father.
Shae's words hurt Tyrion the most during the trial and her being in his father's bed may be the last straw. Tyrion will kill Shae and later look for his father. The most humiliating death so far in "Game of Thrones" will be reserved for Tywin Lannister. Tywin will be killed in the privy or the toilet.
Arya Stark has had a difficult journey so far and her slow transformation into a cold blooded killer has got many of the fans intrigued. With her aunt Lysa now dead Sandor Clegane would want to take her to Riverrun, which belongs to House Tully.
House Tully is the house of Arya Stark's mother Catelyn Stark. But Arya will not be reaching there either, according to the books Sandor Clegane will get wounded in a fight while on their way to Riverrun and will not have the strength to carry on the journey.
Readers will remember that Sandor is on Arya's list of people to kill. She had mentioned this to Sandor in an earlier episode of "Game of Thrones" Season 4. Arya will get a chance to kill Sandor but chooses to leave him to die a slow and painful death.
Readers will remember that the faceless man Jaqen H'ghar had given Arya a coin and asked her to travel to Braavos when possible. Arya Stark will show the coin to the captain of a ship travelling to Bravoos. The words have to be spoken along with the coin and Arya will say "Valar Morghulis," all men must die!
'Star Wars' 7-Top 5 Unseen Planets that Need to be Explored in the Movie [Read]
Box Office Report: 'The Fault in Our Stars' on Top 'Edge of Tomorrow' Trails Behind 'Maleficent' [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Episode 9 Review - Jon Snow Emerges as a Leader [Spoilers] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales