Moto G, Moto X and Moto E Android 4.4.3 Guide: How to Update and What to Expect
By Precious Silva | June 12, 2014 4:15 PM EST
Google's much talked about Android 4.4.3 KitKat update has started rolling out finally. T-Mobile initiated the release with Motorola following suit. According to the company, the Android 4.4.3 update will be carried out on devices such as Moto X, Moto G and Moto E. Users will be treated to a number of improvements. Similar to other Android roll outs, people should expect the release to be in stages.
Different colored examples of Motorola's new Moto X phones rest on a table at a launch event in New York, August 1, 2013.
According to Motorola's website, maximizing the user experience means a good combination of hardware and software. The company will release the Android 4.4.3 update specifically to Moto X T-Mobile users, Moto E users who purchased the device online in the region including Moto G and Moto G 4 LTE users who purchased online in Brazil and US.
The update offers a range of enhancements including a new interface with improved dialer. There are also new colors to work with enhancing the functionality and consistency of the interface. People can expect the Android 4.4.3 for Motorola devices to provide framework security fixes, stability, and changes on the power profile capabilities.
Moto X users can now enjoy enhanced photo quality. The camera provide more accurate flash coloring, improved exposure consistency and enhanced low light shooting capabilities. The front camera can also now shoot at minimum light exposure without sacrificing as much of the image quality.
Motorola has also included a shortcut pause/resume button on Moto X and Moto G's viewfinder. It will be more convenient for users to manage their recordings following this.
Android 4.4.3 update for Moto X and Moto G comes with a new app called Motorola Alert. The program offers periodic messages support to contacts selected by the user. Motorola provides release notes for Moto E, Moto G and Moto X allowing users to understand more what the update means for their devices. For users that have not received notification about the update, they can update manually through these steps:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Open About Phone.
3. Click on Systems Updates > Download.
4. Wait for the file to download then install it.
The device will restart automatically and run with the latest update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles