‘Mortal Kombat X’ Updates: Reveals for Cassie Cage and Kortal Kahn and Gameplay Details
By Gel Galang | June 12, 2014 2:44 PM EST
NetherRealms Studios creative boss Ed Boon has brought in a few more details about the awaited "Mortal Kombat X" at the E3 2014.
After the long wait and a lot of teases, it's been revealed that a number of changes and variations in approach will come to "Mortal Kombat X." For starters, Shoryuken reports in an exclusive with Boon that character variations will play up a new angle in the gameplay experience of the newest "Mortal Kombat" title.
This means that each of the fighters in the roster will have three different versions, each with his own set of moves and plays in the style of "Injustice: Gods Among Us." Also a similar experience with NetherRealm Studios' other fighting game is the use of the environment as weapons.
As expected, there will be new characters joining the roster of fighters. There are still aspects from "Mortal Kombat 9" that will be seen in this title, such as the energy meter and some of the familiar and favored faces in the "Mortal Kombat" franchise.
The named fighters so far include Cassie Cage, daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade (and getting a mix of her folks' moves), D'Vorah, Ferra & Torr (seen in the latest gameplay trailer below) and Kotal Kahn.
"Mortal Kombat X" will be taking off from "Mortal Kombat 9" in terms of storyline, but it will take place 25 years after the last game, a move that, according to Shoryuken, is needed so more characters will be included in the game.
For the meantime, check out the gameplay trailer for "Mortal Kombat X" as seen at the E3 2014. There's gore and guts all around, but not more than usual than what "Mortal Kombat" fans are used to.
More Screenshots for some 'Mortal Kombat X' Gore
Beyond the new footage and new characters revealed, CVG has also landed a few new screenshots for "Mortal Kombat X," which have confirmed the appearance of some faces coming into the roster of fighters for the next-gen game.
The screenshots give a closer look at the two new fighters that took the stage in the latest E3 2014 "Mortal Kombat X" gameplay footage revealed. These are D'Vorah, the female fighter with yellowed skin, wings, and insect powers and the tag-team duo Ferra and Torr, which features the shrilly girl who works with the silent but big combatant in the face-off.
Hit the link above to check out the screenshots. There are also screens of other fighters expected to be included in the roster. Again, most of these come from the new trailer, but it's good to see the amount of detail in a screenshot, especially those from the gameplay footage.
"Mortal Kombat X" is truly a fighting game worthy of landing on the next-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One. The release date is still a vague 2015 timeframe for all platforms, including the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal