‘Mortal Kombat X’ Updates: Reveals for Cassie Cage and Kortal Kahn and Gameplay Details
By Gel Galang | June 12, 2014 2:44 PM EST
NetherRealms Studios creative boss Ed Boon has brought in a few more details about the awaited "Mortal Kombat X" at the E3 2014.
After the long wait and a lot of teases, it's been revealed that a number of changes and variations in approach will come to "Mortal Kombat X." For starters, Shoryuken reports in an exclusive with Boon that character variations will play up a new angle in the gameplay experience of the newest "Mortal Kombat" title.
This means that each of the fighters in the roster will have three different versions, each with his own set of moves and plays in the style of "Injustice: Gods Among Us." Also a similar experience with NetherRealm Studios' other fighting game is the use of the environment as weapons.
As expected, there will be new characters joining the roster of fighters. There are still aspects from "Mortal Kombat 9" that will be seen in this title, such as the energy meter and some of the familiar and favored faces in the "Mortal Kombat" franchise.
The named fighters so far include Cassie Cage, daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade (and getting a mix of her folks' moves), D'Vorah, Ferra & Torr (seen in the latest gameplay trailer below) and Kotal Kahn.
"Mortal Kombat X" will be taking off from "Mortal Kombat 9" in terms of storyline, but it will take place 25 years after the last game, a move that, according to Shoryuken, is needed so more characters will be included in the game.
For the meantime, check out the gameplay trailer for "Mortal Kombat X" as seen at the E3 2014. There's gore and guts all around, but not more than usual than what "Mortal Kombat" fans are used to.
More Screenshots for some 'Mortal Kombat X' Gore
Beyond the new footage and new characters revealed, CVG has also landed a few new screenshots for "Mortal Kombat X," which have confirmed the appearance of some faces coming into the roster of fighters for the next-gen game.
The screenshots give a closer look at the two new fighters that took the stage in the latest E3 2014 "Mortal Kombat X" gameplay footage revealed. These are D'Vorah, the female fighter with yellowed skin, wings, and insect powers and the tag-team duo Ferra and Torr, which features the shrilly girl who works with the silent but big combatant in the face-off.
Hit the link above to check out the screenshots. There are also screens of other fighters expected to be included in the roster. Again, most of these come from the new trailer, but it's good to see the amount of detail in a screenshot, especially those from the gameplay footage.
"Mortal Kombat X" is truly a fighting game worthy of landing on the next-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One. The release date is still a vague 2015 timeframe for all platforms, including the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More