Beyonce's Favorite Artists Include Ariana Grande and Iggy Azalea, Pop Star Drops June Birthday Playlist
By nidhi tewari | June 12, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Pop star Beyonce has come up with a new June Birthday Special playlist on her Web site, which has songs ranging from Kanye West to Ariana Grande. The "Single Ladies" singer, who does not have a birthday in June, dropped the playlist to honor some of the "greatest artists" whose birthday falls in June.
Beyonce poses backstage after performing at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles.
"Enjoy this playlist in celebration of some of the great musical talents born in the month of June!" Beyonce wrote on her Web site Beyonce.com. The Queen Bey's favorite songs include Prince's recent single "Breakfast Can Wait," Kanye West's "All Falls Down" and Kendrick Lamar's "Good Kid" in addition to yet-again proving her love for her sister Solange and hence including her song "Lovers in the Parking Lot."
Solange Knowles has her birthday on June 24 and ever since the famous elevator fight between Solange and Jay Z at the MET Gala event, Beyonce has been leaving no stones unturned to prove that everything is fine between them as a family.
Also featured on Queen Bey's birthday playlists are two hot songs from Billboard's Hot 100. One is Iggy Azalea and Charli XCX's "Fancy" and the other one is Ariana Grande and Azalea's "Problem."
Though Beyonce and Jay Z did not attend Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's romantic Paris wedding despite being invited, Queen Bey wished Kanye on his Birthday on June 8 on her Web site. The singer posted a black and white picture of Kanye West on her Web site and wrote "Happy Birthday" next to it.
Musician Prince's birthday falls on June 7, Ariana Grande celebrates her birthday on June 26 and Kendrick was born on June 17. It's quite inspiring to see Queen Bey acknowledging young artists like Ariana Grande and Iggy's works on her Web site. As of June 9, Iggy's "Fancy" is ruling the countdown charts while the No. 2 slot is sealed by Ariana Grande's "Problem."
Azalea continues her chart's top two spots, as, for a third week with "Fancy" and "Problem" rank at Nos. 1 and 2, respectively. Such record has previously been held only by the Beatles. Meanwhile check out the playlist on YouTube here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand