The Bromance in '22 Jump Street’
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 12, 2014 2:20 PM EST
"22 Jump Street" brewed a more blended bromance between Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. Their on and off screen chemistry made this sequel even funnier, crazier, wackier, and well, more bromantic.
In this film, Channing, who portrayed the role of Jenko, and Jonah, who played as Schimdt, proved that differences did not matter when it came to friendship. In their undercover mission, they went back college but got into different paths. Jenko immediately found a connection with college jocks while Schimdt took a more introvert approach in dealing with their new classmates. Still, they were able to accomplish their task and went to several missions together as shown in the film credits.
And their chemistry did not stop on screen. They continued to bond during film breaks and supported each other's projects after filming their first movie "21 Jump Street."
In addition to that, their bet that involved crotches, remained unforgettable among media, fans and movie goers. This bet originated from Jonah's idea to kiss the tip of Channing's nether region if their first movie would reach $35 million on its premiere. And yes, it even topped the goal with over $36 million gross on its opening. But after realizing this news, both tried to avoid such conversation that took place when they were drinking.
This stud pairing started when Jonah wrote the film version of the 80s televsion series, "21 Jump Street." He wanted Channing to be his on-screen partner. Thus, he called him despite his doubts about the film. But the latter quickly accepted the offer. Then, they met in person and the two became instant friends. Their chemistry proved to be well-loved as the movie grossed over $200 million.
Their repertoires in the industry were polar opposites. Jonah became popular from portraying comedic roles like in "This is the End." On the other hand, Channing was more into action and dramatic roles like his portrayal in the movie, "G.I. Joe." But, like Jenko and Schidmt, their differences did not affect their friendship. And on screen, they even proved to be a well-matched pair as the sequel, "22 Jump Street" gathered positive reviews from movie critics.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports