The Bromance in '22 Jump Street’
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 12, 2014 2:20 PM EST
"22 Jump Street" brewed a more blended bromance between Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. Their on and off screen chemistry made this sequel even funnier, crazier, wackier, and well, more bromantic.
In this film, Channing, who portrayed the role of Jenko, and Jonah, who played as Schimdt, proved that differences did not matter when it came to friendship. In their undercover mission, they went back college but got into different paths. Jenko immediately found a connection with college jocks while Schimdt took a more introvert approach in dealing with their new classmates. Still, they were able to accomplish their task and went to several missions together as shown in the film credits.
And their chemistry did not stop on screen. They continued to bond during film breaks and supported each other's projects after filming their first movie "21 Jump Street."
In addition to that, their bet that involved crotches, remained unforgettable among media, fans and movie goers. This bet originated from Jonah's idea to kiss the tip of Channing's nether region if their first movie would reach $35 million on its premiere. And yes, it even topped the goal with over $36 million gross on its opening. But after realizing this news, both tried to avoid such conversation that took place when they were drinking.
This stud pairing started when Jonah wrote the film version of the 80s televsion series, "21 Jump Street." He wanted Channing to be his on-screen partner. Thus, he called him despite his doubts about the film. But the latter quickly accepted the offer. Then, they met in person and the two became instant friends. Their chemistry proved to be well-loved as the movie grossed over $200 million.
Their repertoires in the industry were polar opposites. Jonah became popular from portraying comedic roles like in "This is the End." On the other hand, Channing was more into action and dramatic roles like his portrayal in the movie, "G.I. Joe." But, like Jenko and Schidmt, their differences did not affect their friendship. And on screen, they even proved to be a well-matched pair as the sequel, "22 Jump Street" gathered positive reviews from movie critics.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown