FIFA World Cup 2014 Winner Predictions: Find Out Who Could Win the Cup, According to Researchers and Betting Odds
By jaskiran kaur | June 12, 2014 2:16 PM EST
Most anticipated sports tournament 2014 FIFA World Cup is just about to begin. Fans and viewers are super excited for this summers' hottest event that begins on June 12, 2014. Brazil is hosting Soccer World Cup for the second time in the history, its previous being in 1950. The 32 national teams will compete in total of 64 matches in 12 different cities during the tournament. The final match will be held on July 13, 2014. Even before the soccer tournament started, predictions about 2014 FIFA World Cup winner are running rampant. Here are some of the winner predictions stating who will win the 2014 FIFA World Cup by economists turned soccer pundits.
Germany's biggest investment bank, Deustche bank conducted a study to determine the winner of 2014 FIFA World Cup. According to Guardian, bank's foreign exchange analysts followed some "computer model" for the forecast.
Deutsche bank's analysts predicted that England could win the World Cup in Brazil.
"England are among the best teams according to our static model," the research suggests.
"The history of World Cup winning runs suggest that England is among the teams that could win this World Cup."
The prediction is attributed to the large presence of Liverpool players in the team.
"The last time England had so many Liverpool players in the team, it won. Therefore, we are confident that England will win this World Cup," stated the research.
The research adds that host country Brazil remains the hot favourite winner followed by Germany, Spain and France.
Another study based on a survey of economists across 52 countries claims that Brazil will defeat Germany in the finals. The survey also predicts that Latin Americans will score the most goals. The survey was published in Bloomberg News poll published on Tuesday, June 10, 2014.
Predictions based on responses by 171 economists from 139 companies placed Argentina and Spain in third and fourth place in the list of top four teams for the tournament.
Moreover, the five-time FIFA world Cup winner Brazil is also bookmakers' favourites. According to the odds on Oddcheckers.com, Brazil has the most chances to win 2014 FIFA World Cup, followed by Argentina, Spain and Germany. Odds then comprises of teams like Belgium, France, Italy, Portugal, Uruguay and England.
Previously, America's investment banking firm Goldman Sachs predicted the outcome of 2014 FIFA World Cup. According to fifth edition their report titled "The World Cup and Economics 2014" Brazil will win the cup after beating Argentina with 3-1 score. Competition for Germany and Spain will come to an end in the semifinals.
Based on predictions and betting odds, Brazil is the hot favourite winner of FIFA World Cup 2014. If Brazil wins the World Cup, it will be this year's home team's sixth victory with the most number of FIFA World Cup titles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date