FIFA World Cup 2014 Winner Predictions: Find Out Who Could Win the Cup, According to Researchers and Betting Odds
By jaskiran kaur | June 12, 2014 2:16 PM EST
Most anticipated sports tournament 2014 FIFA World Cup is just about to begin. Fans and viewers are super excited for this summers' hottest event that begins on June 12, 2014. Brazil is hosting Soccer World Cup for the second time in the history, its previous being in 1950. The 32 national teams will compete in total of 64 matches in 12 different cities during the tournament. The final match will be held on July 13, 2014. Even before the soccer tournament started, predictions about 2014 FIFA World Cup winner are running rampant. Here are some of the winner predictions stating who will win the 2014 FIFA World Cup by economists turned soccer pundits.
Germany's biggest investment bank, Deustche bank conducted a study to determine the winner of 2014 FIFA World Cup. According to Guardian, bank's foreign exchange analysts followed some "computer model" for the forecast.
Deutsche bank's analysts predicted that England could win the World Cup in Brazil.
"England are among the best teams according to our static model," the research suggests.
"The history of World Cup winning runs suggest that England is among the teams that could win this World Cup."
The prediction is attributed to the large presence of Liverpool players in the team.
"The last time England had so many Liverpool players in the team, it won. Therefore, we are confident that England will win this World Cup," stated the research.
The research adds that host country Brazil remains the hot favourite winner followed by Germany, Spain and France.
Another study based on a survey of economists across 52 countries claims that Brazil will defeat Germany in the finals. The survey also predicts that Latin Americans will score the most goals. The survey was published in Bloomberg News poll published on Tuesday, June 10, 2014.
Predictions based on responses by 171 economists from 139 companies placed Argentina and Spain in third and fourth place in the list of top four teams for the tournament.
Moreover, the five-time FIFA world Cup winner Brazil is also bookmakers' favourites. According to the odds on Oddcheckers.com, Brazil has the most chances to win 2014 FIFA World Cup, followed by Argentina, Spain and Germany. Odds then comprises of teams like Belgium, France, Italy, Portugal, Uruguay and England.
Previously, America's investment banking firm Goldman Sachs predicted the outcome of 2014 FIFA World Cup. According to fifth edition their report titled "The World Cup and Economics 2014" Brazil will win the cup after beating Argentina with 3-1 score. Competition for Germany and Spain will come to an end in the semifinals.
Based on predictions and betting odds, Brazil is the hot favourite winner of FIFA World Cup 2014. If Brazil wins the World Cup, it will be this year's home team's sixth victory with the most number of FIFA World Cup titles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation