Candy Crush Soda Saga: Soft-Launch Sequel with Second Helping of Sweets
By Gel Galang | June 12, 2014 2:01 PM EST
The "Candy Crush Saga" craze seems far from over, despite several issues and reports that have been connected to the developer, King.com.
The latest update for the title involves a sequel. But instead of a fancy fanfare for one of the biggest and most profitable mobile game franchises to date, it has been soft-launched on Google Play.
It has only been out for Android devices for 2 days, so only a few gamers have given their thoughts on the game. As far as comparisons go with its predecessor, "Candy Crush Soda Saga" seems to be sporting more polished effects, graphics and sounds, but still follows the same gameplay mechanics, with a few minor twists.
According to Phone Arena, the difference between "Candy Crush Saga" and "Candy Crush Soda Saga" lies in the title itself. The fizz in the soda plays a part in the gameplay mechanics, as the candies now float to the game board instead of falling down, compared to "Candy Crush Saga."
There are still boosters for challenging levels, environments that feature its own characters and the promise of "75 sweet levels in this magical world." Leaderboards are also available for the more competitive players. King.com has also promised easy syncing of game between devices as well as the ability to unlock full game features so long as players have access to the Internet.
Whether or not "Candy Crush Soda Saga" will hold the same craze, profitability and addiction as "Candy Crush Saga" currently enjoys remains to be seen—probably until its official launch becomes available worldwide.
Availability on the Android and iOS
For now, there are some countries where the "Candy Crush Soda Saga" game is still unavailable. No release date for "Candy Crush Soda Saga" has been announced for the iOS as of yet.
Touch Arcade reports the iOS version of the sequel may be looking at a soft launch in Canada. Those interested can check out this link to Google Play to see if "Candy Crush Soda Saga" is available in their territory.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers