Candy Crush Soda Saga: Soft-Launch Sequel with Second Helping of Sweets
By Gel Galang | June 12, 2014 2:01 PM EST
The "Candy Crush Saga" craze seems far from over, despite several issues and reports that have been connected to the developer, King.com.
The latest update for the title involves a sequel. But instead of a fancy fanfare for one of the biggest and most profitable mobile game franchises to date, it has been soft-launched on Google Play.
It has only been out for Android devices for 2 days, so only a few gamers have given their thoughts on the game. As far as comparisons go with its predecessor, "Candy Crush Soda Saga" seems to be sporting more polished effects, graphics and sounds, but still follows the same gameplay mechanics, with a few minor twists.
According to Phone Arena, the difference between "Candy Crush Saga" and "Candy Crush Soda Saga" lies in the title itself. The fizz in the soda plays a part in the gameplay mechanics, as the candies now float to the game board instead of falling down, compared to "Candy Crush Saga."
There are still boosters for challenging levels, environments that feature its own characters and the promise of "75 sweet levels in this magical world." Leaderboards are also available for the more competitive players. King.com has also promised easy syncing of game between devices as well as the ability to unlock full game features so long as players have access to the Internet.
Whether or not "Candy Crush Soda Saga" will hold the same craze, profitability and addiction as "Candy Crush Saga" currently enjoys remains to be seen—probably until its official launch becomes available worldwide.
Availability on the Android and iOS
For now, there are some countries where the "Candy Crush Soda Saga" game is still unavailable. No release date for "Candy Crush Soda Saga" has been announced for the iOS as of yet.
Touch Arcade reports the iOS version of the sequel may be looking at a soft launch in Canada. Those interested can check out this link to Google Play to see if "Candy Crush Soda Saga" is available in their territory.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan