Candy Crush Soda Saga: Soft-Launch Sequel with Second Helping of Sweets
By Gel Galang | June 12, 2014 2:01 PM EST
The "Candy Crush Saga" craze seems far from over, despite several issues and reports that have been connected to the developer, King.com.
The latest update for the title involves a sequel. But instead of a fancy fanfare for one of the biggest and most profitable mobile game franchises to date, it has been soft-launched on Google Play.
It has only been out for Android devices for 2 days, so only a few gamers have given their thoughts on the game. As far as comparisons go with its predecessor, "Candy Crush Soda Saga" seems to be sporting more polished effects, graphics and sounds, but still follows the same gameplay mechanics, with a few minor twists.
According to Phone Arena, the difference between "Candy Crush Saga" and "Candy Crush Soda Saga" lies in the title itself. The fizz in the soda plays a part in the gameplay mechanics, as the candies now float to the game board instead of falling down, compared to "Candy Crush Saga."
There are still boosters for challenging levels, environments that feature its own characters and the promise of "75 sweet levels in this magical world." Leaderboards are also available for the more competitive players. King.com has also promised easy syncing of game between devices as well as the ability to unlock full game features so long as players have access to the Internet.
Whether or not "Candy Crush Soda Saga" will hold the same craze, profitability and addiction as "Candy Crush Saga" currently enjoys remains to be seen—probably until its official launch becomes available worldwide.
Availability on the Android and iOS
For now, there are some countries where the "Candy Crush Soda Saga" game is still unavailable. No release date for "Candy Crush Soda Saga" has been announced for the iOS as of yet.
Touch Arcade reports the iOS version of the sequel may be looking at a soft launch in Canada. Those interested can check out this link to Google Play to see if "Candy Crush Soda Saga" is available in their territory.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu