Truck Driver Kevin Roper Fatally Injuring Tracy Morgan Plead 'Not Guilty,' Released on $50K Bail
By Annie Dee | June 12, 2014 1:58 PM EST
Kevin Roper, the man driving the tractor-trailer that put "30 Rock" Star Tracy Morgan on his critical condition on Saturday has been released after paying a $50,000 bail.
The actor has slammed claims that he refused help his estranged mother avoid foreclosure
The veteran actor was critically injured in the accident with one of his friends being killed. The Middlesex County Courthouse decided on June 11 that the driver should be charged with vehicular homicide and assault by auto but was released on bail, New York Daily reported.
According to New York Daily, the truck driver was silent when he appeared on Court. He already proclaimed his innocence on Twitter, but he did not say at all when he was released on bail afterward. His attorney maintained his innocence.
Bradley Ferencz, the judge presiding over this case, took note of Kevin's clean record before the fatal accident that left Morgan's friend dead and the actor himself in a critical condition. But this does not deter the judge from charging him with vehicular homicide and assault by auto.
Roper pleaded not guilty on all these charges.
CNN cited before he was released, the judge warned him against escaping or going anywhere without his lawyer knowing.
"Let me just give you a caution, sir," the judge told the defendant. "You make sure your lawyer knows exactly where you are. You go anywhere, you drive anywhere, you go across country somewhere else, you need to be in contact. You understand that?"
"Yes sir," Roper responded.
Roper did not say anything despite the media horde greeted him upon his arrival on the courthouse premises. Most questions focused on his controversial Twitter post, where he proclaimed he was innocent and scapegoated in the crash. His Twitter posts also attacked the media's selective reporting.
"Today we saw why media has turned this country into nothing but a real life REALITY SHOW," read one of the Twitter messages.
"Do they all come to my court date if a certain "FAMOUS PERSON" wasn't involved? Did the media show up for all the other ACCIDENTS this year that a driver was charged with a crime?"
Kevin posted a total of five Twitter messages claiming he was innocent of the crime and critic of the police, who only paid attention when they realized one of the victims was the famous comic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display