Claim: Drug Addiction Is the Real Reason Why Rob Kardashian Skipped Kim and Kanye West’s Wedding
By Anne Lu | June 12, 2014 12:08 PM EST
Rob Kardashian was absent from his sister Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s wedding because he was reportedly self-medicating with powerful prescription painkillers.
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday. REUTERS/Gonzalo Fuentes
On May 24, Rob abruptly left Florence, Italy before Kim and Kanye exchanged I Do’s in a lavish ceremony. According to various reports, he was seen in tears as he was desperately trying to book a flight back to Los Angeles.
Initial reports claimed that Rob, 27, got in fight with Kim before her wedding pre-lunch when she asked all the men in the family to wear designer Valentino suits. Rob, who has hidden from public eye for months, has gained considerable weight, which meant he couldn’t fit in any of the suits.
Kim was said to be annoyed at her brother for not bothering to lose weight before her big day, and Rob was hurt by Kim’s superficiality.
Rob has remained silent about his absence from the wedding, with mum Kris Jenner only vaguely saying in an interview that he is working to better himself.
In Touch magazine claimed it knows the real reason why the only Kardashian brother skipped Kimye’s highly anticipated wedding.
According to the magazine’s source, Rob was “doing heavy drugs” weeks before Kim’s big day.
“He’d just lie around his place smoking weed, doing drugs, watching movies and eating. He said he ‘needed’ the pills,’” the insider claimed.
The sock designer has also apparently been indulging in the deadly concoction called “Lean,” also known as “Sizzurp,” described as a highly addictive cocktail of prescription-strength cough syrup, Sprite and a Jolly Rancher candy that can cause seizures or death.
“The reason he left Kim’s wedding wasn’t just that he was embarrassed to pose in photos,” the source continued.
“He only knows how to party to excess. He is so depressed and needs help.”
In an apparent effort to start anew, Rob deleted old posts on his Twitter account after the wedding. He has also unfollowed all his sisters – Kim, Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner – only retaining the youngest, Kylie Jenner, and their mum on his Twitter. After a while, though, he re-followed his family.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate