Claim: Drug Addiction Is the Real Reason Why Rob Kardashian Skipped Kim and Kanye West’s Wedding
By Anne Lu | June 12, 2014 12:08 PM EST
Rob Kardashian was absent from his sister Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s wedding because he was reportedly self-medicating with powerful prescription painkillers.
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday. REUTERS/Gonzalo Fuentes
On May 24, Rob abruptly left Florence, Italy before Kim and Kanye exchanged I Do’s in a lavish ceremony. According to various reports, he was seen in tears as he was desperately trying to book a flight back to Los Angeles.
Initial reports claimed that Rob, 27, got in fight with Kim before her wedding pre-lunch when she asked all the men in the family to wear designer Valentino suits. Rob, who has hidden from public eye for months, has gained considerable weight, which meant he couldn’t fit in any of the suits.
Kim was said to be annoyed at her brother for not bothering to lose weight before her big day, and Rob was hurt by Kim’s superficiality.
Rob has remained silent about his absence from the wedding, with mum Kris Jenner only vaguely saying in an interview that he is working to better himself.
In Touch magazine claimed it knows the real reason why the only Kardashian brother skipped Kimye’s highly anticipated wedding.
According to the magazine’s source, Rob was “doing heavy drugs” weeks before Kim’s big day.
“He’d just lie around his place smoking weed, doing drugs, watching movies and eating. He said he ‘needed’ the pills,’” the insider claimed.
The sock designer has also apparently been indulging in the deadly concoction called “Lean,” also known as “Sizzurp,” described as a highly addictive cocktail of prescription-strength cough syrup, Sprite and a Jolly Rancher candy that can cause seizures or death.
“The reason he left Kim’s wedding wasn’t just that he was embarrassed to pose in photos,” the source continued.
“He only knows how to party to excess. He is so depressed and needs help.”
In an apparent effort to start anew, Rob deleted old posts on his Twitter account after the wedding. He has also unfollowed all his sisters – Kim, Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner – only retaining the youngest, Kylie Jenner, and their mum on his Twitter. After a while, though, he re-followed his family.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar