Apple Confirms Bigger Phones Soon; iPhone 6 Variants Show How iPhones Will be
By Naveena Joy | June 12, 2014 11:07 AM EST
Apple's Xcode 6 app development platform, currently working for OS X and iOS, will be developing apps for iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite.
With this development, the company has already come up with a new Xcode 6 beta version for testing. The 9to5Mac has discovered within the new version a proof of Apple's plans to release bigger iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads. This is because Xcode 6 includes a new iOS system that will allow users to resize the simulated screen to any resolution, along with resolutions available for existing iOS products.
BGR reported Apple will be unveiling bigger iPhones this year, a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models and currently working on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro model. It is expected that all these products are likely to have new screen resolutions to provide the same Retina display standard.
The 9to5Mac added the Apple's unrevealed 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model would feature a resolution of 1704 x 960 to support app developers to easily adapt app graphics for various iOS devices.
Apple will take a step ahead than the companies who have already launched their smartphones with HD, full HD or quad HD displays. As far as iPad Pro is concerned, rumor said it will be a larger tablet with 2K and/or 4K displays but unclear of its launch date.
A series of photos has been published on the site highlighting cases of both iPhones believed to have been made using the upcoming models representing the accurate designs of both iPhones. The dark pink silicone case published is for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model and the hard plastic case is for 5.5-inch iPhone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2