Apple Confirms Bigger Phones Soon; iPhone 6 Variants Show How iPhones Will be
By Naveena Joy | June 12, 2014 11:07 AM EST
Apple's Xcode 6 app development platform, currently working for OS X and iOS, will be developing apps for iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite.
With this development, the company has already come up with a new Xcode 6 beta version for testing. The 9to5Mac has discovered within the new version a proof of Apple's plans to release bigger iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads. This is because Xcode 6 includes a new iOS system that will allow users to resize the simulated screen to any resolution, along with resolutions available for existing iOS products.
BGR reported Apple will be unveiling bigger iPhones this year, a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models and currently working on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro model. It is expected that all these products are likely to have new screen resolutions to provide the same Retina display standard.
The 9to5Mac added the Apple's unrevealed 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model would feature a resolution of 1704 x 960 to support app developers to easily adapt app graphics for various iOS devices.
Apple will take a step ahead than the companies who have already launched their smartphones with HD, full HD or quad HD displays. As far as iPad Pro is concerned, rumor said it will be a larger tablet with 2K and/or 4K displays but unclear of its launch date.
A series of photos has been published on the site highlighting cases of both iPhones believed to have been made using the upcoming models representing the accurate designs of both iPhones. The dark pink silicone case published is for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model and the hard plastic case is for 5.5-inch iPhone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu