Apple Confirms Bigger Phones Soon; iPhone 6 Variants Show How iPhones Will be
By Naveena Joy | June 12, 2014 11:07 AM EST
Apple's Xcode 6 app development platform, currently working for OS X and iOS, will be developing apps for iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite.
With this development, the company has already come up with a new Xcode 6 beta version for testing. The 9to5Mac has discovered within the new version a proof of Apple's plans to release bigger iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads. This is because Xcode 6 includes a new iOS system that will allow users to resize the simulated screen to any resolution, along with resolutions available for existing iOS products.
BGR reported Apple will be unveiling bigger iPhones this year, a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models and currently working on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro model. It is expected that all these products are likely to have new screen resolutions to provide the same Retina display standard.
The 9to5Mac added the Apple's unrevealed 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model would feature a resolution of 1704 x 960 to support app developers to easily adapt app graphics for various iOS devices.
Apple will take a step ahead than the companies who have already launched their smartphones with HD, full HD or quad HD displays. As far as iPad Pro is concerned, rumor said it will be a larger tablet with 2K and/or 4K displays but unclear of its launch date.
A series of photos has been published on the site highlighting cases of both iPhones believed to have been made using the upcoming models representing the accurate designs of both iPhones. The dark pink silicone case published is for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model and the hard plastic case is for 5.5-inch iPhone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899