Apple Confirms Bigger Phones Soon; iPhone 6 Variants Show How iPhones Will be
By Naveena Joy | June 12, 2014 11:07 AM EST
Apple's Xcode 6 app development platform, currently working for OS X and iOS, will be developing apps for iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite.
With this development, the company has already come up with a new Xcode 6 beta version for testing. The 9to5Mac has discovered within the new version a proof of Apple's plans to release bigger iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads. This is because Xcode 6 includes a new iOS system that will allow users to resize the simulated screen to any resolution, along with resolutions available for existing iOS products.
BGR reported Apple will be unveiling bigger iPhones this year, a 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models and currently working on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro model. It is expected that all these products are likely to have new screen resolutions to provide the same Retina display standard.
The 9to5Mac added the Apple's unrevealed 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model would feature a resolution of 1704 x 960 to support app developers to easily adapt app graphics for various iOS devices.
Apple will take a step ahead than the companies who have already launched their smartphones with HD, full HD or quad HD displays. As far as iPad Pro is concerned, rumor said it will be a larger tablet with 2K and/or 4K displays but unclear of its launch date.
A series of photos has been published on the site highlighting cases of both iPhones believed to have been made using the upcoming models representing the accurate designs of both iPhones. The dark pink silicone case published is for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model and the hard plastic case is for 5.5-inch iPhone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop