‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Goes Shirtless, Admits He Doesn’t Want to ‘Just Be An Actor Forever’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 12, 2014 10:46 AM EST
New face, new name and totally new to fans, "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) actor Ansel Elgort went shirtless for a photo shoot, opening up about himself and admitting that he doesn't want to "just be an actor forever."
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
In a recent reveal with Interview magazine, Ansel Elgort shared that Paul Newman is his actor role model. However, despite Elgort giving praise to Newman and calling the actor a "relatable character," the "TFIOS" star admitted that being an actor is something he wouldn't want to be forever.
"I don't just act, and that's really important to me," Ansel Elgort told Interview magazine. "I don't want to just be an actor forever. Right now I'm really into music. I want to score movies. I could be an actor first, but I don't only want to be an actor."
Apparently, aside from acting "The Fault in Our Stars" actor is also into music. Elgort admitted to the magazine that he actually has an Electronic Dance Music (EDM) track titled "Unite," which he gives to his fans after winning in a raffle the 20-year-old actor generated himself.
The "TFIOS" star was one of the eight stars included in Interview Mag's "Young Guns of Hollywood." Joined by rising stars Liana Liberato, Sophie Cookson, Nicola Peltz, Alexandra Daddario, Luke Bracey, Jack O'Conell and Douglas Booth, and photographed by Interview magazine's Mikael Johnson, Elgort has recently showed off his shirtless body, letting fans see a different side of him.
Earlier, Elgort revealed his secret talent, which is tap-dancing. Showing his moves on "The Tonight Show" starring Jimmy Fallon, Elgort also admitted how he loves to pose with his movie posters in subways.
As someone new to making big films, Elgort has already starred in blockbuster movies. Elgort recently graced the big screens with "Divergent" star Shailene Woodley in the movie adaptation of John Green's best-selling novel "The Fault in Our Stars."
"This was only my third film at the time, but after seven years in theatre I was comfortable going a little bit big," Elgort told Los Angeles Daily News in an interview.
Aside from "TFIOS," Elgort has also starred in the movie "Carrie" and he is now reportedly filming for the second installment of the "Divergent" franchise "Insurgent" in Atlanta with Shailene Woodley, Theo James and the rest of the cast.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales