‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Goes Shirtless, Admits He Doesn’t Want to ‘Just Be An Actor Forever’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 12, 2014 10:46 AM EST
New face, new name and totally new to fans, "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) actor Ansel Elgort went shirtless for a photo shoot, opening up about himself and admitting that he doesn't want to "just be an actor forever."
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
In a recent reveal with Interview magazine, Ansel Elgort shared that Paul Newman is his actor role model. However, despite Elgort giving praise to Newman and calling the actor a "relatable character," the "TFIOS" star admitted that being an actor is something he wouldn't want to be forever.
"I don't just act, and that's really important to me," Ansel Elgort told Interview magazine. "I don't want to just be an actor forever. Right now I'm really into music. I want to score movies. I could be an actor first, but I don't only want to be an actor."
Apparently, aside from acting "The Fault in Our Stars" actor is also into music. Elgort admitted to the magazine that he actually has an Electronic Dance Music (EDM) track titled "Unite," which he gives to his fans after winning in a raffle the 20-year-old actor generated himself.
The "TFIOS" star was one of the eight stars included in Interview Mag's "Young Guns of Hollywood." Joined by rising stars Liana Liberato, Sophie Cookson, Nicola Peltz, Alexandra Daddario, Luke Bracey, Jack O'Conell and Douglas Booth, and photographed by Interview magazine's Mikael Johnson, Elgort has recently showed off his shirtless body, letting fans see a different side of him.
Earlier, Elgort revealed his secret talent, which is tap-dancing. Showing his moves on "The Tonight Show" starring Jimmy Fallon, Elgort also admitted how he loves to pose with his movie posters in subways.
As someone new to making big films, Elgort has already starred in blockbuster movies. Elgort recently graced the big screens with "Divergent" star Shailene Woodley in the movie adaptation of John Green's best-selling novel "The Fault in Our Stars."
"This was only my third film at the time, but after seven years in theatre I was comfortable going a little bit big," Elgort told Los Angeles Daily News in an interview.
Aside from "TFIOS," Elgort has also starred in the movie "Carrie" and he is now reportedly filming for the second installment of the "Divergent" franchise "Insurgent" in Atlanta with Shailene Woodley, Theo James and the rest of the cast.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal