‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Goes Shirtless, Admits He Doesn’t Want to ‘Just Be An Actor Forever’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 12, 2014 10:46 AM EST
New face, new name and totally new to fans, "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) actor Ansel Elgort went shirtless for a photo shoot, opening up about himself and admitting that he doesn't want to "just be an actor forever."
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
In a recent reveal with Interview magazine, Ansel Elgort shared that Paul Newman is his actor role model. However, despite Elgort giving praise to Newman and calling the actor a "relatable character," the "TFIOS" star admitted that being an actor is something he wouldn't want to be forever.
"I don't just act, and that's really important to me," Ansel Elgort told Interview magazine. "I don't want to just be an actor forever. Right now I'm really into music. I want to score movies. I could be an actor first, but I don't only want to be an actor."
Apparently, aside from acting "The Fault in Our Stars" actor is also into music. Elgort admitted to the magazine that he actually has an Electronic Dance Music (EDM) track titled "Unite," which he gives to his fans after winning in a raffle the 20-year-old actor generated himself.
The "TFIOS" star was one of the eight stars included in Interview Mag's "Young Guns of Hollywood." Joined by rising stars Liana Liberato, Sophie Cookson, Nicola Peltz, Alexandra Daddario, Luke Bracey, Jack O'Conell and Douglas Booth, and photographed by Interview magazine's Mikael Johnson, Elgort has recently showed off his shirtless body, letting fans see a different side of him.
Earlier, Elgort revealed his secret talent, which is tap-dancing. Showing his moves on "The Tonight Show" starring Jimmy Fallon, Elgort also admitted how he loves to pose with his movie posters in subways.
As someone new to making big films, Elgort has already starred in blockbuster movies. Elgort recently graced the big screens with "Divergent" star Shailene Woodley in the movie adaptation of John Green's best-selling novel "The Fault in Our Stars."
"This was only my third film at the time, but after seven years in theatre I was comfortable going a little bit big," Elgort told Los Angeles Daily News in an interview.
Aside from "TFIOS," Elgort has also starred in the movie "Carrie" and he is now reportedly filming for the second installment of the "Divergent" franchise "Insurgent" in Atlanta with Shailene Woodley, Theo James and the rest of the cast.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness