‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Ansel Elgort Goes Shirtless, Admits He Doesn’t Want to ‘Just Be An Actor Forever’
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 12, 2014 10:46 AM EST
New face, new name and totally new to fans, "The Fault in Our Stars" (TFIOS) actor Ansel Elgort went shirtless for a photo shoot, opening up about himself and admitting that he doesn't want to "just be an actor forever."
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
In a recent reveal with Interview magazine, Ansel Elgort shared that Paul Newman is his actor role model. However, despite Elgort giving praise to Newman and calling the actor a "relatable character," the "TFIOS" star admitted that being an actor is something he wouldn't want to be forever.
"I don't just act, and that's really important to me," Ansel Elgort told Interview magazine. "I don't want to just be an actor forever. Right now I'm really into music. I want to score movies. I could be an actor first, but I don't only want to be an actor."
Apparently, aside from acting "The Fault in Our Stars" actor is also into music. Elgort admitted to the magazine that he actually has an Electronic Dance Music (EDM) track titled "Unite," which he gives to his fans after winning in a raffle the 20-year-old actor generated himself.
The "TFIOS" star was one of the eight stars included in Interview Mag's "Young Guns of Hollywood." Joined by rising stars Liana Liberato, Sophie Cookson, Nicola Peltz, Alexandra Daddario, Luke Bracey, Jack O'Conell and Douglas Booth, and photographed by Interview magazine's Mikael Johnson, Elgort has recently showed off his shirtless body, letting fans see a different side of him.
Earlier, Elgort revealed his secret talent, which is tap-dancing. Showing his moves on "The Tonight Show" starring Jimmy Fallon, Elgort also admitted how he loves to pose with his movie posters in subways.
As someone new to making big films, Elgort has already starred in blockbuster movies. Elgort recently graced the big screens with "Divergent" star Shailene Woodley in the movie adaptation of John Green's best-selling novel "The Fault in Our Stars."
"This was only my third film at the time, but after seven years in theatre I was comfortable going a little bit big," Elgort told Los Angeles Daily News in an interview.
Aside from "TFIOS," Elgort has also starred in the movie "Carrie" and he is now reportedly filming for the second installment of the "Divergent" franchise "Insurgent" in Atlanta with Shailene Woodley, Theo James and the rest of the cast.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine