Joshua Jackson 'A Fourth Sequel Should Happen' For 'Might Ducks'
By Tanya Diente | June 12, 2014 10:22 AM EST
It's been 18 years since the release of "D3: The Mighty Ducks" and now Joshua Jackson thinks there should be a "Mighty Ducks 4."
In an interview with Time on the oral history of the "Mighty Ducks" trilogy, Joshua Jackson admitted that he would definitely come back for "Mighty Ducks 4." Joshua Jackson played the lead star in all three "Mighty Ducks" movies back when he was still a teenager.
"I feel like a fourth film should happen, and if there was space for any of the original kids that come back and have a role, I would be surprised that anybody didn't want to do it. The next generation should have its own version. Not that we need to come back as adults, but I hope my kids grow up and play pickup hockey and I hope that they have their own movies like my generation had those movies. In that way, yeah, of course, I'd be a part of something like that," Jackson said.
However, movie producer Jordan Kenner has revealed that "Mighty Ducks 4" is not in development since he still needs the "right story." Should Kenner ever find the right story for "Mighty Ducks 4" he already has Joshua Jackson on board.
According to Vulture, this isn't the only time that "Mighty Ducks 4" has been considered. Back in the day, Kenner had an idea of what the fourth instalment might involve.
"I wanted to license this dark adult play, 'That Championship Season. ' It was going to be the death of Gordon Bombay as an older man, and Marty [Sheen] was going to play him. And Goldberg would be played by like Jim Belushi," Kenner started.
Kenner continued that "Mighty Ducks 4" would have been set in a restaurant where all the previous hockey players, all grown up, are gathered around talking about what their coach meant to them. And then a scene would play out where other 18-year old actors are portraying them on the ice. Viewers would also see Coach Emilio and his father in a series of scenes where he is seen dying, and the players and Emilio all had to say goodbye.
Kenner wanted "Mighty Ducks 4" to be literate and emotional that all the previous "Mighty Ducks" players would reunite as men and say goodbye to the coach who had meant so much to them.
Unfortunately, that idea for "Mighty Ducks 4" never came to be. It was supposed to be titled "The Mighty Ducks 4: We're All Going To Die Someday," reports Vulture.
Kenner added that the studio told them that they'd be interested in making "Mighty Ducks 4" if he comes up with the right story. He said they may already be closer to having the right idea for "Mighty Ducks 4."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop