Joshua Jackson 'A Fourth Sequel Should Happen' For 'Might Ducks'
By Tanya Diente | June 12, 2014 10:22 AM EST
It's been 18 years since the release of "D3: The Mighty Ducks" and now Joshua Jackson thinks there should be a "Mighty Ducks 4."
In an interview with Time on the oral history of the "Mighty Ducks" trilogy, Joshua Jackson admitted that he would definitely come back for "Mighty Ducks 4." Joshua Jackson played the lead star in all three "Mighty Ducks" movies back when he was still a teenager.
"I feel like a fourth film should happen, and if there was space for any of the original kids that come back and have a role, I would be surprised that anybody didn't want to do it. The next generation should have its own version. Not that we need to come back as adults, but I hope my kids grow up and play pickup hockey and I hope that they have their own movies like my generation had those movies. In that way, yeah, of course, I'd be a part of something like that," Jackson said.
However, movie producer Jordan Kenner has revealed that "Mighty Ducks 4" is not in development since he still needs the "right story." Should Kenner ever find the right story for "Mighty Ducks 4" he already has Joshua Jackson on board.
According to Vulture, this isn't the only time that "Mighty Ducks 4" has been considered. Back in the day, Kenner had an idea of what the fourth instalment might involve.
"I wanted to license this dark adult play, 'That Championship Season. ' It was going to be the death of Gordon Bombay as an older man, and Marty [Sheen] was going to play him. And Goldberg would be played by like Jim Belushi," Kenner started.
Kenner continued that "Mighty Ducks 4" would have been set in a restaurant where all the previous hockey players, all grown up, are gathered around talking about what their coach meant to them. And then a scene would play out where other 18-year old actors are portraying them on the ice. Viewers would also see Coach Emilio and his father in a series of scenes where he is seen dying, and the players and Emilio all had to say goodbye.
Kenner wanted "Mighty Ducks 4" to be literate and emotional that all the previous "Mighty Ducks" players would reunite as men and say goodbye to the coach who had meant so much to them.
Unfortunately, that idea for "Mighty Ducks 4" never came to be. It was supposed to be titled "The Mighty Ducks 4: We're All Going To Die Someday," reports Vulture.
Kenner added that the studio told them that they'd be interested in making "Mighty Ducks 4" if he comes up with the right story. He said they may already be closer to having the right idea for "Mighty Ducks 4."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates