Joshua Jackson 'A Fourth Sequel Should Happen' For 'Might Ducks'
By Tanya Diente | June 12, 2014 10:22 AM EST
It's been 18 years since the release of "D3: The Mighty Ducks" and now Joshua Jackson thinks there should be a "Mighty Ducks 4."
In an interview with Time on the oral history of the "Mighty Ducks" trilogy, Joshua Jackson admitted that he would definitely come back for "Mighty Ducks 4." Joshua Jackson played the lead star in all three "Mighty Ducks" movies back when he was still a teenager.
"I feel like a fourth film should happen, and if there was space for any of the original kids that come back and have a role, I would be surprised that anybody didn't want to do it. The next generation should have its own version. Not that we need to come back as adults, but I hope my kids grow up and play pickup hockey and I hope that they have their own movies like my generation had those movies. In that way, yeah, of course, I'd be a part of something like that," Jackson said.
However, movie producer Jordan Kenner has revealed that "Mighty Ducks 4" is not in development since he still needs the "right story." Should Kenner ever find the right story for "Mighty Ducks 4" he already has Joshua Jackson on board.
According to Vulture, this isn't the only time that "Mighty Ducks 4" has been considered. Back in the day, Kenner had an idea of what the fourth instalment might involve.
"I wanted to license this dark adult play, 'That Championship Season. ' It was going to be the death of Gordon Bombay as an older man, and Marty [Sheen] was going to play him. And Goldberg would be played by like Jim Belushi," Kenner started.
Kenner continued that "Mighty Ducks 4" would have been set in a restaurant where all the previous hockey players, all grown up, are gathered around talking about what their coach meant to them. And then a scene would play out where other 18-year old actors are portraying them on the ice. Viewers would also see Coach Emilio and his father in a series of scenes where he is seen dying, and the players and Emilio all had to say goodbye.
Kenner wanted "Mighty Ducks 4" to be literate and emotional that all the previous "Mighty Ducks" players would reunite as men and say goodbye to the coach who had meant so much to them.
Unfortunately, that idea for "Mighty Ducks 4" never came to be. It was supposed to be titled "The Mighty Ducks 4: We're All Going To Die Someday," reports Vulture.
Kenner added that the studio told them that they'd be interested in making "Mighty Ducks 4" if he comes up with the right story. He said they may already be closer to having the right idea for "Mighty Ducks 4."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone