2014 Full Moon: Rare Full Moon to Happen on June 13, What Time to Best View
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 12, 2014 10:04 AM EST
A rare phenomenon is set to take place on Friday, June 13. Superstitious people already consider Friday the 13th as an unlucky day but they may become more wary on June 13 because a Full Moon is set to rise.
The Full Moon happening on Friday is described to be an extraordinary combination of the modern calendar and the lunar phases. According to a News4jax report, Full Moons have been connected to Earthquakes in the past and Friday the 13th makes the superstitious people careful not to break mirrors or come across a black cat.
The combination of the Full Moon rising on Friday the 13th is expected to cause double bad luck. According to the Syracuse report, driving a car or cleaning on the unlucky day is considered misfortune down in New Zealand.
The Full Moon will actually start to take place on Thursday night, June 12, at 12:12 am EDT then on Friday the 13th. The list of times for the Full Moon in the News4jax.com report reveal that the Thursday evening Moonrise will occur at 8:05 pm, the Thursday evening sunset will occur at 8:29 pm, the official Full Moon on Thursday night will occur at 12:12 am and the Moonrise on Friday the 13th will occur at 9:05 pm.
In Canada, preparations are being made for the Vancouver Full Moon Beach Party at Wreck Beach. The Syracuse report further noted that the viewers in Central New York may not be able to witness the Full Moon due to partly cloudy skies on Friday night and there are still no locations announcing their viewing experience plans on the upcoming rare event.
The Palm Beach Post reported that the unlucky day can occur three times a year but the occasion of a Full Moon rising on a Friday the 13th takes decades before happening. The last time that the double phenomenon happened was dated October 13, 2000.
According to the U.S. Naval Observatory data, the Full Moon rising on a Friday the 13th will happen again sometime after 2035 which the observatory's last year in their projected data. The next time that the Full Moon and Friday the 13th will come together is expected to occur in 2049.
More Articles to Read:
Viral Video Michael Jackson Dance: Brett Nichols Releases New Video for King of Pop's Single 'Smooth Criminal' - [READ]
UFO Sightings: 'Ghostbusters' Actor Dan Aykroyd Recounts Personal UFO Sighting, Recommends MUFON at Crystal Head Vodka Signing [WATCH VIDEOS] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- UN Vows to Bring MH17 Crash Perpetrators to Justice; Downing of Plane a 'War Crime'
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet