Floyd Mayweather’s Female Cousin Stabs Boyfriend with Butcher’s Knife
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 12, 2014 9:51 AM EST
Another Mayweather is in trouble with the law for stabbing her boyfriend with a butcher's knife. Kenyia Townsend, 35, and cousin of undefeated American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr, waived on Tuesday her right to a probable cause hearing.
REUTERS/Jorge Dan Lopez
A man uses a knife to strip meat off a cow's skull in the "Cholojeros" zone next to the railway lines at Zona 18, in Guatemala City, May 6, 2014. Most of the beef consumed in the city is produced in the Cholojeros zone, according to the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Food (MAGA) of Guatemala. The long-standing area got its name from the word "cholojo", which means animal intestines in Guatemala. Picture taken May 6, 2014.
The move would pave the way for Townsend's lawyer to negotiate with the Kent County prosecutors for a possible plea deal. The boxer's cousin killed Rasheed "Rocky" Bryant, 30, on May 27 at their home on Underwood Avenue SE, and he died on the scene. Townsend is charged with second-degree murder.
Bernice Mayweather, Kenyia's and Floyd's grandmother, described her granddaughter as a quiet person, probably caught up with the wrong people. The Mayweathers believe Kenyia killed Bryant in self defense based on his three prior convictions for domestic violence.
MLive reports that the Grand Rapids police responded to a 4:28 am call t0 911. At the packed hearing before Grand Rapids District Judge Donald Passenger's courtroom, Townsend said that she did not intentionally tried to hurt Bryant like what happened.
Bryant's family insisted that he was sleeping when Townsend attacked him with the knife. They believe she did it out of jealousy because he had chatted on Facebook with another woman who is the mother of two of his daughters.
Prior to the incident, Townsend called her cousin Candace Mayweather in the middle of the night, but the latter didn't hear her phone ring. Candace was aware that Townsend wanted to leave the house, but because they were fighting, Kenyia couldn't leave.
But the police said Bryant was not likely sleeping when Townsend stabbed him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Islamic State: Seized ISIS Laptop Yields Videos How to Make Bomb, Steal Car, Disguise To Avoid Arrest
- Islamic State: ISIS In Another Beheading Frenzy, Decapitates Kurdish Fighter
- Schapelle Corby’s Boyfriend Ben Panangian Arrested on Drug Charges
- Islamic State: ISIS Now In Mexico To Prepare For US Attack; UK Raises Alert Level to ‘Severe’
- Court Rejects Corinna Schumacher’s Lawsuit Against German Media That Published Her Photos En Route To Michael Schumacher’s Hospital
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million