Floyd Mayweather’s Female Cousin Stabs Boyfriend with Butcher’s Knife
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 12, 2014 9:51 AM EST
Another Mayweather is in trouble with the law for stabbing her boyfriend with a butcher's knife. Kenyia Townsend, 35, and cousin of undefeated American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr, waived on Tuesday her right to a probable cause hearing.
REUTERS/Jorge Dan Lopez
A man uses a knife to strip meat off a cow's skull in the "Cholojeros" zone next to the railway lines at Zona 18, in Guatemala City, May 6, 2014. Most of the beef consumed in the city is produced in the Cholojeros zone, according to the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Food (MAGA) of Guatemala. The long-standing area got its name from the word "cholojo", which means animal intestines in Guatemala. Picture taken May 6, 2014.
The move would pave the way for Townsend's lawyer to negotiate with the Kent County prosecutors for a possible plea deal. The boxer's cousin killed Rasheed "Rocky" Bryant, 30, on May 27 at their home on Underwood Avenue SE, and he died on the scene. Townsend is charged with second-degree murder.
Bernice Mayweather, Kenyia's and Floyd's grandmother, described her granddaughter as a quiet person, probably caught up with the wrong people. The Mayweathers believe Kenyia killed Bryant in self defense based on his three prior convictions for domestic violence.
MLive reports that the Grand Rapids police responded to a 4:28 am call t0 911. At the packed hearing before Grand Rapids District Judge Donald Passenger's courtroom, Townsend said that she did not intentionally tried to hurt Bryant like what happened.
Bryant's family insisted that he was sleeping when Townsend attacked him with the knife. They believe she did it out of jealousy because he had chatted on Facebook with another woman who is the mother of two of his daughters.
Prior to the incident, Townsend called her cousin Candace Mayweather in the middle of the night, but the latter didn't hear her phone ring. Candace was aware that Townsend wanted to leave the house, but because they were fighting, Kenyia couldn't leave.
But the police said Bryant was not likely sleeping when Townsend stabbed him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored