Floyd Mayweather’s Female Cousin Stabs Boyfriend with Butcher’s Knife
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 12, 2014 9:51 AM EST
Another Mayweather is in trouble with the law for stabbing her boyfriend with a butcher's knife. Kenyia Townsend, 35, and cousin of undefeated American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr, waived on Tuesday her right to a probable cause hearing.
REUTERS/Jorge Dan Lopez
A man uses a knife to strip meat off a cow's skull in the "Cholojeros" zone next to the railway lines at Zona 18, in Guatemala City, May 6, 2014. Most of the beef consumed in the city is produced in the Cholojeros zone, according to the Ministry of Agriculture Livestock and Food (MAGA) of Guatemala. The long-standing area got its name from the word "cholojo", which means animal intestines in Guatemala. Picture taken May 6, 2014.
The move would pave the way for Townsend's lawyer to negotiate with the Kent County prosecutors for a possible plea deal. The boxer's cousin killed Rasheed "Rocky" Bryant, 30, on May 27 at their home on Underwood Avenue SE, and he died on the scene. Townsend is charged with second-degree murder.
Bernice Mayweather, Kenyia's and Floyd's grandmother, described her granddaughter as a quiet person, probably caught up with the wrong people. The Mayweathers believe Kenyia killed Bryant in self defense based on his three prior convictions for domestic violence.
MLive reports that the Grand Rapids police responded to a 4:28 am call t0 911. At the packed hearing before Grand Rapids District Judge Donald Passenger's courtroom, Townsend said that she did not intentionally tried to hurt Bryant like what happened.
Bryant's family insisted that he was sleeping when Townsend attacked him with the knife. They believe she did it out of jealousy because he had chatted on Facebook with another woman who is the mother of two of his daughters.
Prior to the incident, Townsend called her cousin Candace Mayweather in the middle of the night, but the latter didn't hear her phone ring. Candace was aware that Townsend wanted to leave the house, but because they were fighting, Kenyia couldn't leave.
But the police said Bryant was not likely sleeping when Townsend stabbed him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Roast Busters Scandal Investigation: No Charges Filed
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Wayward UK Jogger Who Ran Into PM Cameron Criticises Security Breach
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight