Moto E vs. Moto G vs. Moto G (4G) – Specifications and Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 12, 2014 9:30 AM EST
Motorola's Moto G is easily one of the affordable-segment's best selling smartphones across the globe. The handset is not only popular for the price-range but also for the high performance and impressive hardware specifications. The recently released Moto E, on the other hand, opened to positive reviews from users and critics alike, especially in the emerging markets.
The feedback and complaints pertaining to Moto G were taken seriously by Motorola and hence, the Moto G 4G variant was announced in May 2014. The expected release date is June 2014.
For readers who are planning to purchase one of the Moto G, the Moto G (4G) variant or the Moto E handset, here is a specification and price comparison pertaining to Australia.
Display and Size
Both Moto G and Moto G (4G) variants come with 4.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, bundled with a resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels. The Moto E, on the other hand, comes with a slightly smaller screen size of 4.3 inches, with much lesser 540 x 960 display resolution. The thickness of the Moto G variants stand at 0.46 inches, whereas the Moto E comes with a thickness of 0.48 inches. The Moto G variants weigh 143 g, while the Moto E handset weighs 142 g.
Hardware and Software
Both the Motorola Moto G variants are powered by a quad-core Cortex-A7 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) processor, clocked at 1.2 GHz and they come with a 1 GB of RAM. On the other hand, the Moto E is powered by a much lesser dual-core Cortex-A7 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 200) processor, clocked at 1.2 GHz, which also houses the same 1 GB of RAM.
The Moto G runs on Android v4.3 Jelly Bean (upgradable to v4.4.2 KitKat), while the Moto G 4G will be running on the latest Android OS. The Moto E runs on Android OS, v4.4.2 KitKat (upgradable to v4.4.3 KitKat).
The Moto G variants sport a 5 MP rear-facing camera with LED Flash and a 1.3 MP front-facing camera, while the Moto E houses a 5 MP rear-facing camera without flash. In addition, the Moto E does not feature a front-facing camera unit at all.
The Moto G comes with 8 GB or 16 GB of internal storage with no microSD slot for expansion, whereas the Moto G (4G) model comes with the same internal storage but it features a microSD card slot for expansion up to 32 GB. The Moto E, on the other hand, comes with only a 4 GB of internal storage but it sports microSD slot for expansion up to 32 GB.
Moto G variants house a good-enough non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery, while the Moto E handset houses a similar non-removable Li-Ion 1980 mAh battery unit.
All three handsets support micro-sim. It is worth noting that, both Moto G and Moto E come in dual-sim variants as well.
The Moto G comes with a black front panel; however, there are seven different colours to choose from, for the back panel. This is the norm for Moto E as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health