Android 4.4.3 KitKat: New Features and New Tricks for Motorola and Nexus Devices You Must Know
By Ryan Inoyori | June 12, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Android 4.4.3 KitKat OS is now seeding out for Motorola smartphones and Nexus devices containing several bug fixes. So what are these fixes and how can do they help your devices?
Moto X, Moto G and Moto E users can now download and install the latest version of Android KitKat on their smartphones using Over the Air process. It is initially available for Moto X T-Mobile users and users who bought Moto G and Moto E in the U.S. and at retail stores in Brazil.
What's Does Android 4.4.3 KitKat Bring?
1. Upgrade on the camera application
It delivers the fixes and improvements to the consistency of exposure, more realistic flash colouring and better photo results under low lighting using the front camera.
2. Control for Video Recording
A button is now added to the camera app on Moto X and Moto G which can be used to pause and resume the video recording on the viewfinder.
3. Motorola Alert
Moto X and Moto G will receive the update for Motorola Alert which is mainly used for sending periodic messages to the contacts you choose.
Android 4.4.3 KitKat is compatible with LG Nexus 4, LG Nexus 5, ASUS Nexus 7 2013 and Samsung Nexus 10. It can be downloaded and installed via Over the Air process which will fix a majority of known bugs from Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
1. "mm-qcamera-daemon" Crash Bug
Android 4.4.3 finally resolves the well-known camera related crash bug on the Nexus 5 smartphone.
2. Camera Improvements
Get the latest fixes for the camera focus using the regular and HDR camera modes in addition to other miscellaneous patches.
3. Wireless Improvements
No more data connection dropouts, severe Bluetooth issues and unusual Wi-Fi auto-connect activity. You can now get accurate information on your mobile data consumption using the data usage graph.
4. Email Client Patches
If you use the email app, fixes are now provided for the bugs on using Microsoft Exchange, Gmail and other email related syncing functionality.
5. Native Apps
Calendar, People, Dialler and Contacts apps are all improved on this Android KitKat version.
6. Audio Repairs
Say goodbye to the hissing sound during video recording using LG Nexus 5. But you may encounter some echoes. There are some changes as well to the microphone and earphone functions.
7. Other Bug Fixing Patches For:
a. Power Manager display wakelock
b. Random reboots
c. USB debugging security flaw
d. App shortcuts security issue
e. Stuck activation screen
f. Missed call LED
h. Internet telephony
i. FCC compliance
In case you are looking for visual changes, you may notice the Dialler App with a coloured Action Bar, synchronised profile images on both Gmail and People app and the fix on the LTE connection dropout bug.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family