Android 4.4.3 KitKat: New Features and New Tricks for Motorola and Nexus Devices You Must Know
By Ryan Inoyori | June 12, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Android 4.4.3 KitKat OS is now seeding out for Motorola smartphones and Nexus devices containing several bug fixes. So what are these fixes and how can do they help your devices?
Moto X, Moto G and Moto E users can now download and install the latest version of Android KitKat on their smartphones using Over the Air process. It is initially available for Moto X T-Mobile users and users who bought Moto G and Moto E in the U.S. and at retail stores in Brazil.
What's Does Android 4.4.3 KitKat Bring?
1. Upgrade on the camera application
It delivers the fixes and improvements to the consistency of exposure, more realistic flash colouring and better photo results under low lighting using the front camera.
2. Control for Video Recording
A button is now added to the camera app on Moto X and Moto G which can be used to pause and resume the video recording on the viewfinder.
3. Motorola Alert
Moto X and Moto G will receive the update for Motorola Alert which is mainly used for sending periodic messages to the contacts you choose.
Android 4.4.3 KitKat is compatible with LG Nexus 4, LG Nexus 5, ASUS Nexus 7 2013 and Samsung Nexus 10. It can be downloaded and installed via Over the Air process which will fix a majority of known bugs from Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
1. "mm-qcamera-daemon" Crash Bug
Android 4.4.3 finally resolves the well-known camera related crash bug on the Nexus 5 smartphone.
2. Camera Improvements
Get the latest fixes for the camera focus using the regular and HDR camera modes in addition to other miscellaneous patches.
3. Wireless Improvements
No more data connection dropouts, severe Bluetooth issues and unusual Wi-Fi auto-connect activity. You can now get accurate information on your mobile data consumption using the data usage graph.
4. Email Client Patches
If you use the email app, fixes are now provided for the bugs on using Microsoft Exchange, Gmail and other email related syncing functionality.
5. Native Apps
Calendar, People, Dialler and Contacts apps are all improved on this Android KitKat version.
6. Audio Repairs
Say goodbye to the hissing sound during video recording using LG Nexus 5. But you may encounter some echoes. There are some changes as well to the microphone and earphone functions.
7. Other Bug Fixing Patches For:
a. Power Manager display wakelock
b. Random reboots
c. USB debugging security flaw
d. App shortcuts security issue
e. Stuck activation screen
f. Missed call LED
h. Internet telephony
i. FCC compliance
In case you are looking for visual changes, you may notice the Dialler App with a coloured Action Bar, synchronised profile images on both Gmail and People app and the fix on the LTE connection dropout bug.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28