Android 4.4.3 KitKat: New Features and New Tricks for Motorola and Nexus Devices You Must Know
By Ryan Inoyori | June 12, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Android 4.4.3 KitKat OS is now seeding out for Motorola smartphones and Nexus devices containing several bug fixes. So what are these fixes and how can do they help your devices?
Moto X, Moto G and Moto E users can now download and install the latest version of Android KitKat on their smartphones using Over the Air process. It is initially available for Moto X T-Mobile users and users who bought Moto G and Moto E in the U.S. and at retail stores in Brazil.
What's Does Android 4.4.3 KitKat Bring?
1. Upgrade on the camera application
It delivers the fixes and improvements to the consistency of exposure, more realistic flash colouring and better photo results under low lighting using the front camera.
2. Control for Video Recording
A button is now added to the camera app on Moto X and Moto G which can be used to pause and resume the video recording on the viewfinder.
3. Motorola Alert
Moto X and Moto G will receive the update for Motorola Alert which is mainly used for sending periodic messages to the contacts you choose.
Android 4.4.3 KitKat is compatible with LG Nexus 4, LG Nexus 5, ASUS Nexus 7 2013 and Samsung Nexus 10. It can be downloaded and installed via Over the Air process which will fix a majority of known bugs from Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
1. "mm-qcamera-daemon" Crash Bug
Android 4.4.3 finally resolves the well-known camera related crash bug on the Nexus 5 smartphone.
2. Camera Improvements
Get the latest fixes for the camera focus using the regular and HDR camera modes in addition to other miscellaneous patches.
3. Wireless Improvements
No more data connection dropouts, severe Bluetooth issues and unusual Wi-Fi auto-connect activity. You can now get accurate information on your mobile data consumption using the data usage graph.
4. Email Client Patches
If you use the email app, fixes are now provided for the bugs on using Microsoft Exchange, Gmail and other email related syncing functionality.
5. Native Apps
Calendar, People, Dialler and Contacts apps are all improved on this Android KitKat version.
6. Audio Repairs
Say goodbye to the hissing sound during video recording using LG Nexus 5. But you may encounter some echoes. There are some changes as well to the microphone and earphone functions.
7. Other Bug Fixing Patches For:
a. Power Manager display wakelock
b. Random reboots
c. USB debugging security flaw
d. App shortcuts security issue
e. Stuck activation screen
f. Missed call LED
h. Internet telephony
i. FCC compliance
In case you are looking for visual changes, you may notice the Dialler App with a coloured Action Bar, synchronised profile images on both Gmail and People app and the fix on the LTE connection dropout bug.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage