'Star Wars' Casting: Report Suggests Kristen Stewart's Ex, Robert Pattinson, to Replace Harrison Ford as Han Solo in a 'Stand-alone' Movie
By jaskiran kaur | June 12, 2014 3:07 AM EST
“Twilight” actors Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are surrounded by casting rumours. New reports claim Robert Pattinson could be replacing Harrison Ford in one iconic role.
Robert Pattinson is well known for his romantic parts such as Edward Cullen in "Twilight." But it seems his latest grungy roles will help him shed the image. As for his new movie projects, it was reported the actor could possibly take over Harrison Ford's Indiana Jones for the franchise's next installment, "Indiana Jones 5."
Cast member Robert Pattinson poses during a photocall for the film "Maps to the Stars" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014. REUTERS/Yves Herman
But according to Hollywood Life report, his future projects may involve replacing veteran actor Harrison Ford, but not as Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones. The Web site notes that the actor is "being tapped to potentially be a vital part of Star Wars history." Yes! That's right.
Robert Pattinson may soon be joining the cast of legendary sci-fi movie franchise.
"Everyone has been talking about the possibility that Rob will be the new Indiana Jones, but that is not going to happen," said the source.
Instead, talks about a "standalone Han Solo film" are in the air. The film is said to be about "younger Han Solo before everything that happened in Star Wars."
Topping the list for the part is actor Robert Pattinson as per the source.
"Star Wars" fans know Han Solo started his life as a human smuggler from planet Corellia. Later, he gained prominence in the Galactic Empire after he joined Rebel Alliance with his co-pilot Chewbacca. Later he became involved with New Republic.
Fans would definitely love to see Han Solo's life before "Star Wars" event. Meanwhile, Robert Pattinson's ex girlfriend Kristen Stewart is rumoured to be the next Belle in Disney's highly anticipated recreated film adaptation "Beauty and the Beast." It was recently reported that Bill Condin is set to remake the "live-action version" of the movie. According to Hollywood Life, Kristen Stewart has "super-strong shot at being tapped for the lead role" of Belle.
There is no official confirmation yet. Nonetheless, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart fans are excited about their potential new roles. Let us know if you would like to see Robert Pattinson as "Star Wars'" Han Solo? Do you think Kristen Stewart is suitable to play Belle in "Beauty and the Beast?"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People