'The Mentalist' Season 7 Updates: Jisbon Fans Wait Longer; Bruno Heller, Simon Baker Hope Fans Want More [SPOILERS, VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | June 12, 2014 3:04 AM EST
"The Mentalist" Season 7 is not part of CBS fall schedule, an entertainment site confirms. Jisbon fans will wait longer, but series creator Bruno Heller and lead actor Simon Baker are optimistic the fans will be waiting for the show's return.
Actor Simon Baker watches the Boston Celtics play the Los Angeles Lakers during their NBA basketball game in Los Angeles, California March 11, 2012.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 22 (season finale). Read at your own risk.
CBS does not have The Mentalist Season 7 in the fall return of its regular primetime shows. A Deadline report raised the possibility that the Bruno Heller creation might have just thirteen (13) episodes in its next chapter. Further in the report, it was also noted this seventh chapter might also be the final season.
Heller earlier said the fans will respond positively to the Season 6 finale of The Mentalist. Using the word "satisfied," Heller was clearly referring to Jisbon (Jane and Lisbon) fans who have always wanted the two characters to end up together.
Simon Baker, who plays the titular mentalist Patrick Jane, also expressed his optimism that fans of the series will anticipate The Mentalist Season 7. Baker said the "closure" in the Season 6 finale "will leave [the fans] craving more."
Meanwhile, Joe Adler, who plays FBI Agent plays Jason Wylie, has been promoted to series regular, according to Deadline. Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman are not likely to return to the series as regulars, given their characters' storylines in The Mentalist Season 6.
When will 'The Mentalist' Season 7 premiere on CBS?
Fans are already speculating on the possible stories in The Mentalist Season 7. One, there could be a time jump, such that Jane and Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) are already married at the season premiere. Two, the whole seventh season will show how the new couple adjust to their new relationship.
However, it must be noted that not all avid viewers of The Mentalist are Jisbon fans. Many viewers have noted in social media channels that Jane should be given much bigger cases now that he is with the FBI. The last big case in Jane's hand involved human trafficking for vital organs.
WATCH: The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 22, Blue Bird (Season Finale) | CBS on YouTube
The Mentalist Season 7 is hoped to return later in the year instead of early 2015. Despite the reported ratings drop, the series remains in the list of many crime drama viewers.
More TV Guide and Spoilers
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: 'Best Finale' Shockers; Jon, Arya, Daenerys, Tyrion Lannister Moments [Watch GOT 4x10 Promo Video]
'Revenge' Season 4: Emily Thorne Not Moving On, New Major Character Changes Story [SPOILERS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports