Premier League Transfer News: Man United-Linked Attacker Re-Signs a Contract with Mother Club
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 11, 2014 11:14 PM EST
Bayern Munich attacker Thomas Muller has pledged to stay in Bavaria for the next few years, taking away Manchester United's hope of securing his services, after signing a five-year contract that will keep him at the club until 2019.
“The club convinced me that I'm in the right place and I have the feeling that I'm an important component in the club's plans.” - Thomas Muller
The 24-year-old German international's future was in doubt after Pep Guardiola took over before the 2013/14 season began, as his skill set are not that of the Spaniard's apparent liking, but has found ways to remain effective on the pitch, tallying a total of 26 goals and 15 assists in all competitions.
"The club convinced me that I'm in the right place and I have the feeling that I'm an important component in the club's plans," Muller told Sky Sports.
Meanwhile, Die Roten skipper Philipp Lahm, 31, also penned his "last" big contract with the Bavarians, which will expire in 2018.
"This is definitely my last contract and I will end my career at Bayern Munich," said Lahm.
"That was always my wish and I'm delighted it has happened."
For more football news, follow IBTimes Sport on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013