Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Move for Madrid Hitman Still Possible as Wolfsburg Deny Bid Rumour
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 11, 2014 10:48 PM EST
Arsenal are still on course to land Real Madrid hitman Alvaro Morata, as Bundesliga outfit Wolfsburg deny bid rumours involving the 21-year-old.
“However, those reports are pure rubbish. Our club has not tabled any bid for the services of Alvaro Morata.” - Wolfsburg general manager Klaus Allofs on Alvaro Morata
"Morata is a very good young striker, there is no doubt about that," Wolfsburg general manager Klaus Allofs told Wolfsburger Nachrichten.
"However, those reports are pure rubbish. Our club has not tabled any bid for the services of Alvaro Morata."
The under-21 starlet only managed to start six of his 34 appearances for the Los Blancos during the 2013/14 season, and is looking to get game-time elsewhere as confirmed earlier by Carlo Ancelloti.
"The player has decided to leave in search of more minutes and the club has agreed it," said the Italian mentor.
The Gunners are considered as perceived as front-runners to snatch Morata after almost bringing him in last January on a loan deal.
For more football news, follow IBTimes Sport on Twitter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu