Liverpool FC Transfer News: On-Loan Reds Goalkeeper to Return to Merseyside, Spain also a Possibility
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 11, 2014 10:31 PM EST
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina will be returning to Merseyside after his season-long loan with Napoli, which will expire at the end of June.
The Spanish international has reunited with Rafa Benitez with the Serie A side after he was deemed as a surplus under the watch of Brendan Rodgers.
“As things stands, I will return to Liverpool after the World Cup.” - Pepe Reina
He is also considering a return to Spain's top-flight as he is seeking for regular first-team football as he is within the prime age of being a shot-stopper at 31.
"As things stands, I will return to Liverpool after the World Cup," the former Barcelona man told Onda Cero.
"A return to Spain is always possible, particularly at my age."
"But I also have a chance to continue at Napoli. I was happy in Italy and the project of Rafa Benitez is excellent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation