Liverpool FC Transfer News: On-Loan Reds Goalkeeper to Return to Merseyside, Spain also a Possibility
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 11, 2014 10:31 PM EST
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina will be returning to Merseyside after his season-long loan with Napoli, which will expire at the end of June.
The Spanish international has reunited with Rafa Benitez with the Serie A side after he was deemed as a surplus under the watch of Brendan Rodgers.
“As things stands, I will return to Liverpool after the World Cup.” - Pepe Reina
He is also considering a return to Spain's top-flight as he is seeking for regular first-team football as he is within the prime age of being a shot-stopper at 31.
"As things stands, I will return to Liverpool after the World Cup," the former Barcelona man told Onda Cero.
"A return to Spain is always possible, particularly at my age."
"But I also have a chance to continue at Napoli. I was happy in Italy and the project of Rafa Benitez is excellent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage