Liverpool FC Transfer News: On-Loan Reds Goalkeeper to Return to Merseyside, Spain also a Possibility
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 11, 2014 10:31 PM EST
Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina will be returning to Merseyside after his season-long loan with Napoli, which will expire at the end of June.
The Spanish international has reunited with Rafa Benitez with the Serie A side after he was deemed as a surplus under the watch of Brendan Rodgers.
“As things stands, I will return to Liverpool after the World Cup.” - Pepe Reina
He is also considering a return to Spain's top-flight as he is seeking for regular first-team football as he is within the prime age of being a shot-stopper at 31.
"As things stands, I will return to Liverpool after the World Cup," the former Barcelona man told Onda Cero.
"A return to Spain is always possible, particularly at my age."
"But I also have a chance to continue at Napoli. I was happy in Italy and the project of Rafa Benitez is excellent."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet