‘Under the Dome’ Update: New Ideas to Pop-Up in Season 2 and EP Quits the Show
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 11, 2014 7:05 PM EST
CBS has recently released a fun sneak peek clip of "Under the Dome" Season 2, which features Colin Ford, who plays Joe, and Mackenzie Lintz, who plays Norrie in the show. The two are giving fans a tour of the new set, Chester's Mill High School.
"A lot of new ideas pop up in Season 2 for why the dome might be there, as well as other things that we discover in Season 2. This school room kind of represents our headquarters for science and problem-solving and creating the next step to filling in the puzzle that is getting rid of the dome," Ford says in the sneak peek clip. [Check the Sneak Peek Video]
Also, Ford and Lintz tease that their characters are going to spend a lot of time, together, in the School's Shop Room.
Meanwhile, Brian K. Vaughan, executive producer and writer of "Under the Dome," has quit the show. Citing sources, The Hollywood Reporter (THR) reports that it is Vaughan's decision to quit the popular series. However before his exit, Vaughan and Neal Baer "arced out" Season 2. In a statement, Vaughan said that he wants to spend time with his children and catch-up on his comic-book deadlines.
"Right after we finished season one of Under the Dome, our showrunner Neal Baer and I had the amazing honour of working with Stephen King himself to help plot the new direction of our second season. It was one of the best experiences of my creative life, but it was also a really long time to be apart from my family, who I've seen way too little of since I started helping to develop Dome years ago, so I decided to step away from the show," Vaughan said in his statement, as quoted by THR. "I really miss the cast and crew, but it's awesome to get to see my kids again and catch up on my comic-book deadlines."
"Heads Will Role" is the title of the premiere episode of "Under the Dome" Season 2. It is written by Stephen King. The show is based on King's book of the same name. King is also expected to play a cameo role in the first episode of the second season.
"Under the Dome" Season 2 is scheduled to premiere on June 30, 2014. King has warned that in the new season, no one is safe. According to the spoilers, two characters are going to die in the first episode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop