Samsung Targets to Release a Foldable Tablet Next Year
By Naveena Joy | June 11, 2014 5:33 PM EST
In the previous years, there have been several rumors about the flexible, bendable and foldable display screen smartphones. These types of phones carry some unique factors and forms that could easily twist, bend and turn to almost anywhere. But there were very few products that actually initiated such a technology, one of them was Samsung Galaxy Round mobile device.
Samsung has been successful in creating all innovative phones in the market. Although Galaxy Round managed to get some fans' attention and critics across the globe with its curved form factor, yet the design did not bring any exceptional features to the handset.
But a Android Authority reported from the Korean publication Duam, Samsung is working on a much higher version for next year. The company is planning to release its first ever foldable tablet which is currently under development. It can be folded twice, eventually converting a large tablet into the size of a regular handset.
The concept of foldable devices as cited earlier was toying around for some time. Samsung pointed out the technology which could be folded outwardly to transform into a tablet. But due to lack of upgraded technology, this was not put forward.
Apparently, in the past two years, Samsung has been working in developing several prototypes which proved such technology works. Rumors indicated the final product is soon to launch.
The Android Authority stressed, based on previous Samsung rumors, the device is expected to have three separate panels that can be either folded on top of one another or folded outward to create a full tablet.
The device will feature a display with a diagonal of between 8 inches and 9 inches and full HD OLED screen. The model size indicates a mid-sized tablet that will be somewhat like an iPad and it will be very bulky when it folds so Samsung will make the basic panels conveniently thin.
Also, the Morning Ledger reported this rumored device isn't the only handset that will have a foldable display. If early reports were true, then the upcoming Galaxy Note phablet would be coming with Samsung's three sided YOUM display, which has extra two sides that would be displaying notifications like mail, calls, messages etc.
So Galaxy Note 4 could be the next launch of the much advanced folded displays next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0