Samsung Targets to Release a Foldable Tablet Next Year
By Naveena Joy | June 11, 2014 5:33 PM EST
In the previous years, there have been several rumors about the flexible, bendable and foldable display screen smartphones. These types of phones carry some unique factors and forms that could easily twist, bend and turn to almost anywhere. But there were very few products that actually initiated such a technology, one of them was Samsung Galaxy Round mobile device.
Samsung has been successful in creating all innovative phones in the market. Although Galaxy Round managed to get some fans' attention and critics across the globe with its curved form factor, yet the design did not bring any exceptional features to the handset.
But a Android Authority reported from the Korean publication Duam, Samsung is working on a much higher version for next year. The company is planning to release its first ever foldable tablet which is currently under development. It can be folded twice, eventually converting a large tablet into the size of a regular handset.
The concept of foldable devices as cited earlier was toying around for some time. Samsung pointed out the technology which could be folded outwardly to transform into a tablet. But due to lack of upgraded technology, this was not put forward.
Apparently, in the past two years, Samsung has been working in developing several prototypes which proved such technology works. Rumors indicated the final product is soon to launch.
The Android Authority stressed, based on previous Samsung rumors, the device is expected to have three separate panels that can be either folded on top of one another or folded outward to create a full tablet.
The device will feature a display with a diagonal of between 8 inches and 9 inches and full HD OLED screen. The model size indicates a mid-sized tablet that will be somewhat like an iPad and it will be very bulky when it folds so Samsung will make the basic panels conveniently thin.
Also, the Morning Ledger reported this rumored device isn't the only handset that will have a foldable display. If early reports were true, then the upcoming Galaxy Note phablet would be coming with Samsung's three sided YOUM display, which has extra two sides that would be displaying notifications like mail, calls, messages etc.
So Galaxy Note 4 could be the next launch of the much advanced folded displays next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell