Ariana Grande & Jennette McCurdy Feud Reports: ‘Jennette owned Nickelodeon and then Ariana came along’
By Riza Ornos | June 11, 2014 4:25 PM EST
"Sam & Cat" stars Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy are making a lot of headlines when they started feuding over their Nickelodeon show. After several months of speculations and Twitter drama, the source close to the two stars revealed that they are not fighting and are still hanging out amidst rumours that the two have fallen out.
Known as the feud of the summer, McCurdy posted a previousy-unreleased blog calling a "past friend" whom she described as a "leech for drama and gossip" and even revealed that being with this person is like being in "quicksand." But based on recent reports, the drama-filled friendship between the two stars is not true and Jennette is not writing about the "Problem" singer.
"As far as I know, I know the situation pretty well - they're not in a fight," a source told Hollywood Life during an interview. "I really don't think [the tweet] is about Ariana, and I know they haven't had a falling out. They were still hanging out last week!"
The feud rumours started when Jennette did not show up at the Nick Kids Choice Awards earlier this year and even cited of an unfair treatment. The blond star felt that producers of the show were favouring the young diva as her music is taking off, now that she is about to release her upcoming second album.
"But I do now that there's probably a lot of jealousy there - they're young girls," the source added. "Last week things were fine, but I do know there's a little bit of jealousy because Jennette owned Nickelodeon and then Ariana came along."
Starting at the young age, McCurdy started with Nickelodeon with "iCarly" in 2007 and became a household name, while Ariana got her break on the channel in 2010 with "Victorious." This is not the first time that actress was involved in a scandal but this the first that she is very vocal and wrote some seriously hard words.
The blog reads: "If I see you, I won't turn the other way and run (even though I want to). Instead, I'll just smile and end the conversation as quickly as possible, because no offense, but I don't want any of you rubbing off on me. Actually, that's pretty offensive. Oh well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report