Ariana Grande & Jennette McCurdy Feud Reports: ‘Jennette owned Nickelodeon and then Ariana came along’
By Riza Ornos | June 11, 2014 4:25 PM EST
"Sam & Cat" stars Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy are making a lot of headlines when they started feuding over their Nickelodeon show. After several months of speculations and Twitter drama, the source close to the two stars revealed that they are not fighting and are still hanging out amidst rumours that the two have fallen out.
Known as the feud of the summer, McCurdy posted a previousy-unreleased blog calling a "past friend" whom she described as a "leech for drama and gossip" and even revealed that being with this person is like being in "quicksand." But based on recent reports, the drama-filled friendship between the two stars is not true and Jennette is not writing about the "Problem" singer.
"As far as I know, I know the situation pretty well - they're not in a fight," a source told Hollywood Life during an interview. "I really don't think [the tweet] is about Ariana, and I know they haven't had a falling out. They were still hanging out last week!"
The feud rumours started when Jennette did not show up at the Nick Kids Choice Awards earlier this year and even cited of an unfair treatment. The blond star felt that producers of the show were favouring the young diva as her music is taking off, now that she is about to release her upcoming second album.
"But I do now that there's probably a lot of jealousy there - they're young girls," the source added. "Last week things were fine, but I do know there's a little bit of jealousy because Jennette owned Nickelodeon and then Ariana came along."
Starting at the young age, McCurdy started with Nickelodeon with "iCarly" in 2007 and became a household name, while Ariana got her break on the channel in 2010 with "Victorious." This is not the first time that actress was involved in a scandal but this the first that she is very vocal and wrote some seriously hard words.
The blog reads: "If I see you, I won't turn the other way and run (even though I want to). Instead, I'll just smile and end the conversation as quickly as possible, because no offense, but I don't want any of you rubbing off on me. Actually, that's pretty offensive. Oh well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch