Dan Carter Ready to Return to Rugby Field This Weekend
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | June 11, 2014 4:09 PM EST
After a long rest due to his injured Achilles tendon, Dan Carter is set for return this weekend playing for the Southbridge Rugby Football Club.
"I've been out for over six months and will just ease my way back into it on what will more than likely be a heavy track," said Carter via Fairfax media. "I'm probably only looking at 40 minutes of so. But it will just be good to get some game time."
The 32-year-old fly-half considered one of the greatest rugby players in the world last played competitively in his 100th Test against England in November 2013.
"Probably for the last six weeks I have been itching to get back. The more intense the training gets, the more you just want to get out there and play. It has picked up over the last six weeks and I am now at a stage where I am ready to play. There is a lot of motivation there,” he added.
A post from the official Southbridge club Facebook page also confirmed the return of Carter, who is expected to practice with his Southbridge teammates on Thursday.
“The Southbridge Rugby Football Club is extremely proud and excited to announce that our most famous son, All Blacks legend Dan Carter will be playing for our Division 1 side against Glenmark @ 2:45pm Saturday!”
Carter was born in Southbridge, a small town in the South Island of New Zealand.
Carter was the International Rugby Board player of the year twice (2005 and 2012) and has delivered four Super Rugby titles for the Crusaders plus six Tri-Nations and Rugby Championship titles for the New Zealand All Blacks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports