Miss Indiana Mekayla Diehl Becomes Social Media Phenomenon For her Curvy and Womanly Body In Swimsuit Round
By nidhi tewari | June 11, 2014 4:00 PM EST
Miss Nevada, Nia Sanchez has been declared as the Miss USA 2014 winner this year but there is another woman who is gaining all the media attention for her "normal" body and she is Miss Indiana Mekayla Diehl. Though the beauty queen did not make it to the Top 10 finalists but when she appeared on the Miss USA 2014 stage wearing a swimsuit, social media went crazy with comments on her fabulous looking body. Mekayla looked healthy and normal when compared to other beauties who were on the verge of skinny and thin and people loved it.
"Miss Indiana shows you don't have to be super skinny to be beautiful," wrote @hi_itskenna on Twitter.
The beauty queen, who made it to Top 20 finalists, has responded to the overwhelming response she got on the social media network and said that she has worked "hard" to achieve this kind of body but she believes in healthy living and not being "skinny."
"I worked hard on my body without obsessing over being too skinny and I couldn't be more proud," Diehl tweeted.
"It's quite overwhelming, in a positive way. I wanted to just continue a healthy lifestyle and inspire others to go after their dreams. I never imagined that it would be in a swimsuit," the 25-year-old told Fox and Friends in a recent interview.
The beauty queen has become a social media phenomenon after Miss USA 2014 night and has been receiving Tweets from various anorexic people too who are finding her to be an inspiration. "I'm an Recovering anorexic and I think you look fabulous. Don't change who you are and thank you for loving your body," wrote @raffeecraze13 to Mekayla and she retweeted it.
However the irony of Mekayla is that she was eliminated from being the Top 10 finalists because her swimsuit score was not high enough. She is reportedly 25 pounds heavier than the average Miss USA contestant. She stands 5'8" tall and weighs 137 pounds. Mekayla wears a size 4 dress, Etonline.com reports. But Mekalya doesn't care about it and says she is proud to look womanly!
"I'm 25 and a woman, so I'm glad I look womanly. I think I'm inspiring a lot of young girls, which is what we need in today's society," the beauty queen told the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Elimination Recap: Redfoo’s Acts in the Bottom 2; Ed Sheeran, The Veronicas, AJR Guest Star [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes