Miss Indiana Mekayla Diehl Becomes Social Media Phenomenon For her Curvy and Womanly Body In Swimsuit Round
By nidhi tewari | June 11, 2014 4:00 PM EST
Miss Nevada, Nia Sanchez has been declared as the Miss USA 2014 winner this year but there is another woman who is gaining all the media attention for her "normal" body and she is Miss Indiana Mekayla Diehl. Though the beauty queen did not make it to the Top 10 finalists but when she appeared on the Miss USA 2014 stage wearing a swimsuit, social media went crazy with comments on her fabulous looking body. Mekayla looked healthy and normal when compared to other beauties who were on the verge of skinny and thin and people loved it.
"Miss Indiana shows you don't have to be super skinny to be beautiful," wrote @hi_itskenna on Twitter.
The beauty queen, who made it to Top 20 finalists, has responded to the overwhelming response she got on the social media network and said that she has worked "hard" to achieve this kind of body but she believes in healthy living and not being "skinny."
"I worked hard on my body without obsessing over being too skinny and I couldn't be more proud," Diehl tweeted.
"It's quite overwhelming, in a positive way. I wanted to just continue a healthy lifestyle and inspire others to go after their dreams. I never imagined that it would be in a swimsuit," the 25-year-old told Fox and Friends in a recent interview.
The beauty queen has become a social media phenomenon after Miss USA 2014 night and has been receiving Tweets from various anorexic people too who are finding her to be an inspiration. "I'm an Recovering anorexic and I think you look fabulous. Don't change who you are and thank you for loving your body," wrote @raffeecraze13 to Mekayla and she retweeted it.
However the irony of Mekayla is that she was eliminated from being the Top 10 finalists because her swimsuit score was not high enough. She is reportedly 25 pounds heavier than the average Miss USA contestant. She stands 5'8" tall and weighs 137 pounds. Mekayla wears a size 4 dress, Etonline.com reports. But Mekalya doesn't care about it and says she is proud to look womanly!
"I'm 25 and a woman, so I'm glad I look womanly. I think I'm inspiring a lot of young girls, which is what we need in today's society," the beauty queen told the Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery