Samsung Galaxy S5: Top 5 Features Review
By Sachin Trivedi | June 11, 2014 3:31 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 has no "eye-popping" new technology, according to the company. But Samsung has focused on improving the features most demanded by its customers. Here are the top five features of the device:
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. REUTERS/Beawiharta
One of the biggest thrusts of Samsung Galaxy S5 is the speed of connection with the Wi-Fi and LTE. The device comes with full LTE coverage supporting category four and up to eight bands in all the regions. Many of the users have already experienced the super fast speeds of the device. The Download Booster combines Wi-Fi with LTE to achieve the blazing fast speeds. With mobile devices being used more for browsing the Internet and watching online media, a faster connection can enhance user's experience.
Samsung Galaxy S5 features a built-in heart rate sensor at the back of the device. Users can know their heart rates simply by placing their finger at the sensor. Measuring the heart rate may come in handy while working out in the gym or jogging. The device also features the personal fitness tracker - S Health. The feature allows the user to track parameters like walking distance, calories, speed and duration of the workout. The feature is also available on the wearable device of Galaxy Gear 2.
Samsung Galaxy S5 has one of the fastest autofocuses on a smartphone. The device features a 16 MP camera with phase detection, a feature normally found in professional cameras. The camera also has high dynamic range (HDR) or rich tone. This feature allows users to capture great photos in low light or too bright conditions.
Ultra-power Saving Mode
One of the biggest concerns for working professionals is the need to charge the battery on their smartphone while on the go. Battery running out at critical moments can hamper the users' work environment. Samsung Galaxy S5 features an ultra-power saving mode and the mode can be activated when the device is very low on battery and even with 10 percent of the battery still available the battery can last for up to 24 hours on standby.
Private Mode And Kids' Mode
Private files like images and videos are stored in a secure folder on Samsung Galaxy S5 and can only be accessed by using the finger print scanner on the device. The Kids mode on the device allows the device to be shared with the children. Only pre-installed kids' apps are made available in this mode and also other images and videos by the user, which the user considers appropriate for the kids.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Tipped to be Replaced with Galaxy F - Expected Features [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown