Samsung Galaxy S5: Top 5 Features Review
By Sachin Trivedi | June 11, 2014 3:31 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 has no "eye-popping" new technology, according to the company. But Samsung has focused on improving the features most demanded by its customers. Here are the top five features of the device:
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. REUTERS/Beawiharta
One of the biggest thrusts of Samsung Galaxy S5 is the speed of connection with the Wi-Fi and LTE. The device comes with full LTE coverage supporting category four and up to eight bands in all the regions. Many of the users have already experienced the super fast speeds of the device. The Download Booster combines Wi-Fi with LTE to achieve the blazing fast speeds. With mobile devices being used more for browsing the Internet and watching online media, a faster connection can enhance user's experience.
Samsung Galaxy S5 features a built-in heart rate sensor at the back of the device. Users can know their heart rates simply by placing their finger at the sensor. Measuring the heart rate may come in handy while working out in the gym or jogging. The device also features the personal fitness tracker - S Health. The feature allows the user to track parameters like walking distance, calories, speed and duration of the workout. The feature is also available on the wearable device of Galaxy Gear 2.
Samsung Galaxy S5 has one of the fastest autofocuses on a smartphone. The device features a 16 MP camera with phase detection, a feature normally found in professional cameras. The camera also has high dynamic range (HDR) or rich tone. This feature allows users to capture great photos in low light or too bright conditions.
Ultra-power Saving Mode
One of the biggest concerns for working professionals is the need to charge the battery on their smartphone while on the go. Battery running out at critical moments can hamper the users' work environment. Samsung Galaxy S5 features an ultra-power saving mode and the mode can be activated when the device is very low on battery and even with 10 percent of the battery still available the battery can last for up to 24 hours on standby.
Private Mode And Kids' Mode
Private files like images and videos are stored in a secure folder on Samsung Galaxy S5 and can only be accessed by using the finger print scanner on the device. The Kids mode on the device allows the device to be shared with the children. Only pre-installed kids' apps are made available in this mode and also other images and videos by the user, which the user considers appropriate for the kids.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Tipped to be Replaced with Galaxy F - Expected Features [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Latest Nikon D750 Costs $2500, But The Full Frame Model Is Worth The Buy
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: Sledgehammer Games Releases Launch Trailer, Smooth Multiplayer And Dedicated Servers
- Early Unofficial Android 5.0 Lollipop Port for Nexus 4
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘Halo': The Master Chief Collection, Updates And Preorder Details; 343 Industries Announces ‘Halo 2 Anniversary’ Documentary
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge