Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini: Confirmed Specifications, Killer Features, Images, Launch Date; Fingerprint Scanner, NFC, Water/Dust Proof Body
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 11, 2014 3:22 PM EST
The bigger and the beastly Samsung Galaxy S5 got released only in the month of April and it was well received by users and critics across the globe. However, the rumour mill surrounding the compact version of the Galaxy S5, the Galaxy S5 Mini, is making waves across the blogosphere.
A recent leak has revealed some of the high resolution images of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini handset. According to GSMArena, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini comes with the same design as the bigger Galaxy S5. The same dotted or dimpled plastic rear design can be seen in the compact version.
Going by the leaked images, the Mini handset is IP67 certified; that translates to the existence of water and dust proof body. In addition, the handset houses fingerprint scanner, heart-rate monitor and a microUSB slot. However, there is no protective cover on the microUSB slot, which can be seen in the flagship Galaxy S5.
The impressive specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini includes a 4.5 inches Super AMOLED display with 720p resolution similar to Moto G. And the handset is powered by a quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU (Exynos 3 Quad chipset), clocked at 1.4GHz, and it uses Mali-400 MP4 GPU. Also, the handset houses a good 1.5 GB of RAM.
The Mini handset also sports a good 8 MP rear-facing camera unit and a 2.1 MP front-facing camera unit. In addition, the device comes with a 16 GB of Internal storage. Adding cherry on top, the Galaxy S5 Mini comes with the additional Gorilla Glass 3 screen protection.
The compact handset supports Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G, IR blaster, and GPS with GLONASS. Besides, this Mini handset supports NFC (Near Field Communication).
The Samsung Galaxy S5 mini will be running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS with the latest TouchWiz UI on top of it. If these killer features are not enough, the Galaxy S5 will also sport Ultra Power Saving Mode, Kids Mode, Private Mode, and KNOX, to name a few.
The Galaxy S5 Mini is expected to be launched on June 12, 2014. Interested readers can check out the leaked images from GSMArena.
What do you think of the latest Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family