'The Walking Dead' Season 6-12 Will Be Based On Comic Series-Report
By Tanya Diente | June 11, 2014 3:21 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" producer David Alpert has indicated that the zombie drama series is planned through to Season 12.
Screenrant reported that during a Producers Guild Event held over the weekend, David Alpert answered questions concerning working with the "pre-existing" material of "Walking Dead." He also hinted at the possibility of "The Walking Dead" going on until Season 12.
"I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what season 10 is gonna be. We know where season 11 and 12...we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we're lucky enough to get there," he said.
On the same event, Alpert talked about the challenges of adapting a long-lasting, successful comic book for television, reports MTV. Using Robert Kirkman's "Walking Dead" comics as basis for "The Walking Dead" TV series is not a problem, according to Alpert. In fact it paves way for many more seasons to come.
"The Walking Dead" is still on Season 5. How could producers already think of adding seven more seasons, until Season 12, for the AMC series?
"The Walking Dead" could continue on for several more seasons as long as AMC decides to make it. According to MTV, there is plenty of material in Kirkman's "Walking Dead" comics to keep the show moving along for years, even until Season 12. There's a lot happening at the Alexandria safe zone. This includes the war against Negan, which could fill over two seasons of "The Walking Dead." Then there's the two-year-time-jump in the latest issue of "Walking Dead."
"The Walking Dead" has thrived on new circumstances and new challenges as Rick and his group struggle to survive. They also struggle to adapt and steal back a bit of what they have lost in the course of the four seasons of the series. At the moment, the comic shows no signs of slowing down, so the cast of "The Walking Dead" still has plenty of struggles and challenges to go through if the show pushes through Season 12.
Meanwhile, fans took to Twitter to share their excitement over the news that "The Walking Dead" is planned through to Season 12.
— ℓЄΙℓΑ ТΧ-ᏆᏒᎪᏉᎬᏞᎬᏒ (@TxLeila) June 11, 2014
“@twd_fan_page: The Walking Dead planned through to season 12! http://t.co/8BM7hoBRte” YAY!!! — Natalie Weber (@NatalierWeber) June 11, 2014
@twd_fan_page yay but I wnt more ♥♥♥
— K1LL3RQU33N (@ya_d3) June 11, 2014
@twd_fan_page let's hope so !!! ❤️❤️❤️ — Renee (@reneenee652003) June 11, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery