'The Walking Dead' Season 6-12 Will Be Based On Comic Series-Report
By Tanya Diente | June 11, 2014 3:21 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" producer David Alpert has indicated that the zombie drama series is planned through to Season 12.
Screenrant reported that during a Producers Guild Event held over the weekend, David Alpert answered questions concerning working with the "pre-existing" material of "Walking Dead." He also hinted at the possibility of "The Walking Dead" going on until Season 12.
"I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what season 10 is gonna be. We know where season 11 and 12...we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we're lucky enough to get there," he said.
On the same event, Alpert talked about the challenges of adapting a long-lasting, successful comic book for television, reports MTV. Using Robert Kirkman's "Walking Dead" comics as basis for "The Walking Dead" TV series is not a problem, according to Alpert. In fact it paves way for many more seasons to come.
"The Walking Dead" is still on Season 5. How could producers already think of adding seven more seasons, until Season 12, for the AMC series?
"The Walking Dead" could continue on for several more seasons as long as AMC decides to make it. According to MTV, there is plenty of material in Kirkman's "Walking Dead" comics to keep the show moving along for years, even until Season 12. There's a lot happening at the Alexandria safe zone. This includes the war against Negan, which could fill over two seasons of "The Walking Dead." Then there's the two-year-time-jump in the latest issue of "Walking Dead."
"The Walking Dead" has thrived on new circumstances and new challenges as Rick and his group struggle to survive. They also struggle to adapt and steal back a bit of what they have lost in the course of the four seasons of the series. At the moment, the comic shows no signs of slowing down, so the cast of "The Walking Dead" still has plenty of struggles and challenges to go through if the show pushes through Season 12.
Meanwhile, fans took to Twitter to share their excitement over the news that "The Walking Dead" is planned through to Season 12.
— ℓЄΙℓΑ ТΧ-ᏆᏒᎪᏉᎬᏞᎬᏒ (@TxLeila) June 11, 2014
“@twd_fan_page: The Walking Dead planned through to season 12! http://t.co/8BM7hoBRte” YAY!!! — Natalie Weber (@NatalierWeber) June 11, 2014
@twd_fan_page yay but I wnt more ♥♥♥
— K1LL3RQU33N (@ya_d3) June 11, 2014
@twd_fan_page let's hope so !!! ❤️❤️❤️ — Renee (@reneenee652003) June 11, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan