'The Walking Dead' Season 6-12 Will Be Based On Comic Series-Report
By Tanya Diente | June 11, 2014 3:21 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" producer David Alpert has indicated that the zombie drama series is planned through to Season 12.
Screenrant reported that during a Producers Guild Event held over the weekend, David Alpert answered questions concerning working with the "pre-existing" material of "Walking Dead." He also hinted at the possibility of "The Walking Dead" going on until Season 12.
"I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what season 10 is gonna be. We know where season 11 and 12...we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we're lucky enough to get there," he said.
On the same event, Alpert talked about the challenges of adapting a long-lasting, successful comic book for television, reports MTV. Using Robert Kirkman's "Walking Dead" comics as basis for "The Walking Dead" TV series is not a problem, according to Alpert. In fact it paves way for many more seasons to come.
"The Walking Dead" is still on Season 5. How could producers already think of adding seven more seasons, until Season 12, for the AMC series?
"The Walking Dead" could continue on for several more seasons as long as AMC decides to make it. According to MTV, there is plenty of material in Kirkman's "Walking Dead" comics to keep the show moving along for years, even until Season 12. There's a lot happening at the Alexandria safe zone. This includes the war against Negan, which could fill over two seasons of "The Walking Dead." Then there's the two-year-time-jump in the latest issue of "Walking Dead."
"The Walking Dead" has thrived on new circumstances and new challenges as Rick and his group struggle to survive. They also struggle to adapt and steal back a bit of what they have lost in the course of the four seasons of the series. At the moment, the comic shows no signs of slowing down, so the cast of "The Walking Dead" still has plenty of struggles and challenges to go through if the show pushes through Season 12.
Meanwhile, fans took to Twitter to share their excitement over the news that "The Walking Dead" is planned through to Season 12.
— ℓЄΙℓΑ ТΧ-ᏆᏒᎪᏉᎬᏞᎬᏒ (@TxLeila) June 11, 2014
“@twd_fan_page: The Walking Dead planned through to season 12! http://t.co/8BM7hoBRte” YAY!!! — Natalie Weber (@NatalierWeber) June 11, 2014
@twd_fan_page yay but I wnt more ♥♥♥
— K1LL3RQU33N (@ya_d3) June 11, 2014
@twd_fan_page let's hope so !!! ❤️❤️❤️ — Renee (@reneenee652003) June 11, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation