'The Walking Dead' Season 6-12 Will Be Based On Comic Series-Report
By Tanya Diente | June 11, 2014 3:21 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" producer David Alpert has indicated that the zombie drama series is planned through to Season 12.
Screenrant reported that during a Producers Guild Event held over the weekend, David Alpert answered questions concerning working with the "pre-existing" material of "Walking Dead." He also hinted at the possibility of "The Walking Dead" going on until Season 12.
"I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what season 10 is gonna be. We know where season 11 and 12...we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we're lucky enough to get there," he said.
On the same event, Alpert talked about the challenges of adapting a long-lasting, successful comic book for television, reports MTV. Using Robert Kirkman's "Walking Dead" comics as basis for "The Walking Dead" TV series is not a problem, according to Alpert. In fact it paves way for many more seasons to come.
"The Walking Dead" is still on Season 5. How could producers already think of adding seven more seasons, until Season 12, for the AMC series?
"The Walking Dead" could continue on for several more seasons as long as AMC decides to make it. According to MTV, there is plenty of material in Kirkman's "Walking Dead" comics to keep the show moving along for years, even until Season 12. There's a lot happening at the Alexandria safe zone. This includes the war against Negan, which could fill over two seasons of "The Walking Dead." Then there's the two-year-time-jump in the latest issue of "Walking Dead."
"The Walking Dead" has thrived on new circumstances and new challenges as Rick and his group struggle to survive. They also struggle to adapt and steal back a bit of what they have lost in the course of the four seasons of the series. At the moment, the comic shows no signs of slowing down, so the cast of "The Walking Dead" still has plenty of struggles and challenges to go through if the show pushes through Season 12.
Meanwhile, fans took to Twitter to share their excitement over the news that "The Walking Dead" is planned through to Season 12.
— ℓЄΙℓΑ ТΧ-ᏆᏒᎪᏉᎬᏞᎬᏒ (@TxLeila) June 11, 2014
“@twd_fan_page: The Walking Dead planned through to season 12! http://t.co/8BM7hoBRte” YAY!!! — Natalie Weber (@NatalierWeber) June 11, 2014
@twd_fan_page yay but I wnt more ♥♥♥
— K1LL3RQU33N (@ya_d3) June 11, 2014
@twd_fan_page let's hope so !!! ❤️❤️❤️ — Renee (@reneenee652003) June 11, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet