Moto G: 10 Tips and Tricks You Should Know to Extend and Improve Battery Life
By Ryan Inoyori | June 11, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Moto G is one of the cheapest smartphones available in the market that can be upgraded to Android 4.4.3 KitKat. If you are having issues with its short battery life, here are some useful tricks to extend it throughout the day.
1. Display Management
Manage the display brightness and screen time-out to the level of your comfort. Set the brightness appropriate to your eyesight and reduce the screen time-out to minimum especially if you always forget to turn the display off.
2. Not a Fan of Google Now?
If you don't use Google Now and prefer manual use of the Web browser, turn off the feature. Open the app then go to its Setting Menu to turn it off to prevent it from consuming memory and battery.
3. Disable Certain Apps
Some apps can consume power without your knowledge and it is best to disable them if not used regularly. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Select apps > Uninstall updates > Disable. You may also disable Google services you don't use to save data, memory and power.
4. Manual Data Syncing
Manual syncing of data can conserve a lot of power and you can do this by going to Settings > Accounts > Google > Synchronisation. In addition, you can also manage in-app auto syncing on Facebook and Twitter to prevent them from gathering data all the time. It also works with email clients such as Microsoft Exchange, default email and Gmail.
5. Turn Off Wireless Connections
Whenever you are finished using wireless connections, switch off the appropriate radios such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. It is also advisable to use Wi-Fi instead of mobile data if available for syncing data online.
6. Location Services
Android KitKat can manage Location Services to conserve more power. Go to Settings > Location > Turn it off. If you use the service at certain times, set the Mode to low accuracy to prevent huge power consumption.
7. Stop Daydreaming
Daydream is a fancy animation for Android devices but it can drain power if your device is not plugged in. Moreover, Daydream may slowdown the recharging time required and may even cause high temperature since it is a system process.
8. Setting Up the Network
Your Moto G may be using 3G as a default network setup so you can automatically browse better with mobile data. If you use Wi-Fi most of the time, set the network mode into 2G to save power. Go to Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > 2G.
9. Reboot Regularly
Like any other smartphones, Moto G require some refresh time and it is recommended to reboot the device after every full recharge. Reboot can fix certain bugs, free memory on the RAM and display more accurate battery level.
10. Power Boosters
There are certain power boosters available at the Play Store to increase battery life.
a. Clean Master: All-in-one battery saver, cache cleaner and antivirus app. It also features a set of toggles for Wi-Fi, flashlight and more which you can customise.
b. Greenify: You can go advance to prevent apps from draining power. The app can set the device into hibernation to avoid system lags and power-eating services.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28