‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Spoilers: Opening Act Leaked
By Anne Lu | June 11, 2014 2:27 PM EST
“Avengers: Age of Ultron” spoilers have apparently leaked online, and it includes the first 20 minutes of the film and addresses Scarlett Johansson’s pregnancy, as well as a hook-up between two unlikely Avengers.
Cast member Mark Ruffalo poses during a photocall for the film \"Foxcatcher\" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014. REUTERS/Yves Herman
According to Latino Review, the following spoilers will be unveiled through the film’s marketing materials in the coming months. But for now, they are kept from the public.
However, with Johansson (Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff) expecting her first child, Marvel Studios writers would have to do some rewriters, so the alleged spoilers may change.
The film sequel will apparently take place and open immediately after the “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” end credit scene with Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker and two unnamed individuals with superpowers. It is later confirmed that they are twin siblings Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, played by Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson respectively.
The opening set in the “Avengers” sequel will apparently see the titular superheroes attacking the outpost Hydra cell run by Strucker. Since he has Loki’s staff and the Chitauri weaponry, the Avengers are set to “clean it all up.”
Unfortunately, Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch will fight alongside Strucker against the team, and Scarlett Witch will use her spell-casting powers to cast a hex on the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) into thinking that the Leviathan is still alive.
The Avengers will win anyway. And when they go back to the Avengers Tower, Iron Man/Tony Stark’s (Robert Downey Jr) Stark Tower in the first film, they will take turns trying to pick up Thor’s Mjolnir. The hammer will then fall on Iron Man’s armour, and Captain America (Chris Evans) will try to help him out, but can’t.
According to the site, the writers would have to tweak this scene a bit because the canon in the comics states that Captain can pick up Thor’s Mjolnir.
Back to the Hulk, it appears that he will be getting a love interest in this film. Dr Bruce Banner and the Black Widow “kinda have a thing for each other,” but Banner is afraid to take it to the next level because the Hulk might hurt the Russian spy.
As Latino Review noted, their relationship is “very Buffy and Angel stuff,” referring to director Joss Whedon’s now-defunct TV series.
And for those who dig Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Dr Jane Foster’s relationship, they would have to come to terms with them not together anymore. The Asgardian will be watching Jane with Richard (Chris O’Dowd) from afar at a bar, and he’s “supposedly” okay with the scene.
“Avengers: Age of Ultron” also stars Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury, and James Spader as Ultron. It is set to hit theatres in North America on May 1, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia