Selena Gomez Dumped By Make -Up Giant Almay Because of Her Rehab Stint: Take Carrie Underwood Instead
By nidhi tewari | June 11, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Selena Gomez was reportedly dumped by makeup giant Almay for being their brand ambassador because of her rehabilitation stint and connection with troubled star Justin Bieber, the Sun is reporting, according to Sugarscape.com. The brand did shoot a couple of videos and pictures with the "Come and Get It" singer but they let go off all that and went on to sign Selena's rival Carrie Underwood instead, the Web site is reporting.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Selena released an official statement some time back confirming that she spent two weeks at a rehab facility in January because she "lost sight" of herself and "not for substance abuse." But Almay did not want someone with a rehab background to represent them globally; hence they went ahead with Carrie Underwood instead when they came to know about Selena's past.
"It was a decent payday for Selena and she was Almay's first choice. But once they got wind of her fortnight in rehab, they got cold feet," a source told The Sun, according to the Web site.
"She had shot videos and all the press photos by the time they pulled the plug," the Web site added.
Selena too made remarkable changes in her life after her rehab stint. She cut off all ties with her friends on Instagram and deleted the pictures too from the social media platform. The 21-year-old also deleted Justin Bieber from her Instagram account and has now focused more on her career as a singer and actress.
In the last few days, Gomez has released a new song and it is called "Hold On." The catchy acoustic number is a far cry from Selena's usual pop and dance numbers that her fans are listening to till now. The song comes from the soundtrack of the upcoming movie "Rudderless," where Selena is also acting and playing the main role. Read more about it here.
The reviews of Selena Gomez's latest song are very positive and she has also collaborated with indie rocker Ben Kwellen on this song. The 21-year-old also plays the lead role of Kate in the movie alongside William H. Macy, Anton Yelchin, and Felicity Huffman. Directed by Macy, "Rudderless" tells the emotional story of a sad father who forms a band after discovering his late son's demo tapes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown