Selena Gomez Dumped By Make -Up Giant Almay Because of Her Rehab Stint: Take Carrie Underwood Instead
By nidhi tewari | June 11, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Selena Gomez was reportedly dumped by makeup giant Almay for being their brand ambassador because of her rehabilitation stint and connection with troubled star Justin Bieber, the Sun is reporting, according to Sugarscape.com. The brand did shoot a couple of videos and pictures with the "Come and Get It" singer but they let go off all that and went on to sign Selena's rival Carrie Underwood instead, the Web site is reporting.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Selena released an official statement some time back confirming that she spent two weeks at a rehab facility in January because she "lost sight" of herself and "not for substance abuse." But Almay did not want someone with a rehab background to represent them globally; hence they went ahead with Carrie Underwood instead when they came to know about Selena's past.
"It was a decent payday for Selena and she was Almay's first choice. But once they got wind of her fortnight in rehab, they got cold feet," a source told The Sun, according to the Web site.
"She had shot videos and all the press photos by the time they pulled the plug," the Web site added.
Selena too made remarkable changes in her life after her rehab stint. She cut off all ties with her friends on Instagram and deleted the pictures too from the social media platform. The 21-year-old also deleted Justin Bieber from her Instagram account and has now focused more on her career as a singer and actress.
In the last few days, Gomez has released a new song and it is called "Hold On." The catchy acoustic number is a far cry from Selena's usual pop and dance numbers that her fans are listening to till now. The song comes from the soundtrack of the upcoming movie "Rudderless," where Selena is also acting and playing the main role. Read more about it here.
The reviews of Selena Gomez's latest song are very positive and she has also collaborated with indie rocker Ben Kwellen on this song. The 21-year-old also plays the lead role of Kate in the movie alongside William H. Macy, Anton Yelchin, and Felicity Huffman. Directed by Macy, "Rudderless" tells the emotional story of a sad father who forms a band after discovering his late son's demo tapes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales