Paul Walker Update: Dad Convinced Cody Walker to Finish ‘Fast 7,’ Trailer Shows Late Actor at Oakland Cemetery [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | June 11, 2014 1:31 PM EST
It's been six months since the untimely death of Paul Walker but his family and friends are still grieving for their loss. According to New York Daily News, the actor's project before his tragic car accident will not be pushed through if not for his father's constant lobbying efforts in convincing the actor's brothers to finish the seventh installment of "Fast and Furious."
"Walker's brothers Caleb and Cody were recently spotted on set for the seventh installment of the movie franchise alongside Ludacris and Vin Diesel," based on a report posted on the publication. The late actor's brothers are not keen of joining the "Fast" crew at first because the actor's shoes is a big one to fill in.
"I had a hand in convincing Caleb and Cody," Paul Sr. told the publication during the interview. "We had a pep talk because it was something they were obviously very skeptical of doing and I think it helped." Walker Sr. also admits that without the warm welcome of the film's crew his two sons will not consider being in the movie.
"They were obviously wary of filling Paul's shoes; it was an unenviable task and they didn't want to feel like they were intruding," added the 68-year-old grieving father. "But the incredible love they received from Tyrese, Ludacris and Vin Diesel was an unbelievable help. Once they started working on the movie, it was about everybody pulling together to fill the void left behind by Paul."
As a tribute to his brother, Cody Walker is being lined up for a recurring role in the hit movie franchise after he agreed to stepped in Paul Walker's shoes in "Fast and Furious 7," according to Daily Mail. The 25-year-old Walker was seen last month filming a crucial scene of the movie with actress Jordana Brewster and their on-screen son Jack on the beach in Malibu, California.
"Paul's character Brian O'Conner will be seen retiring, while his younger brother will join the crew," a production source told the publication. "Of course, Cody isn't a replacement for Paul in any way, but the producers were really grateful that he stepped in to help them finish this last film and Cody so likeable and charming."
In a recent trailer of "Fast 7" which is filmed quite a bit in Atlanta, the late Paul Walker was featured along with Vin Diesel, Ludacris, Tyrese Gibson and other members of their on-screen family in a historic Oakland cemetery. The scene where Paul was standing at a graveside is little bit jarring to see knowing that actor met his tragic end after the scene was shot.
"Fast and Furious 7" is scheduled to premiere on April 10, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS