Paul Walker Update: Dad Convinced Cody Walker to Finish ‘Fast 7,’ Trailer Shows Late Actor at Oakland Cemetery [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | June 11, 2014 1:31 PM EST
It's been six months since the untimely death of Paul Walker but his family and friends are still grieving for their loss. According to New York Daily News, the actor's project before his tragic car accident will not be pushed through if not for his father's constant lobbying efforts in convincing the actor's brothers to finish the seventh installment of "Fast and Furious."
"Walker's brothers Caleb and Cody were recently spotted on set for the seventh installment of the movie franchise alongside Ludacris and Vin Diesel," based on a report posted on the publication. The late actor's brothers are not keen of joining the "Fast" crew at first because the actor's shoes is a big one to fill in.
"I had a hand in convincing Caleb and Cody," Paul Sr. told the publication during the interview. "We had a pep talk because it was something they were obviously very skeptical of doing and I think it helped." Walker Sr. also admits that without the warm welcome of the film's crew his two sons will not consider being in the movie.
"They were obviously wary of filling Paul's shoes; it was an unenviable task and they didn't want to feel like they were intruding," added the 68-year-old grieving father. "But the incredible love they received from Tyrese, Ludacris and Vin Diesel was an unbelievable help. Once they started working on the movie, it was about everybody pulling together to fill the void left behind by Paul."
As a tribute to his brother, Cody Walker is being lined up for a recurring role in the hit movie franchise after he agreed to stepped in Paul Walker's shoes in "Fast and Furious 7," according to Daily Mail. The 25-year-old Walker was seen last month filming a crucial scene of the movie with actress Jordana Brewster and their on-screen son Jack on the beach in Malibu, California.
"Paul's character Brian O'Conner will be seen retiring, while his younger brother will join the crew," a production source told the publication. "Of course, Cody isn't a replacement for Paul in any way, but the producers were really grateful that he stepped in to help them finish this last film and Cody so likeable and charming."
In a recent trailer of "Fast 7" which is filmed quite a bit in Atlanta, the late Paul Walker was featured along with Vin Diesel, Ludacris, Tyrese Gibson and other members of their on-screen family in a historic Oakland cemetery. The scene where Paul was standing at a graveside is little bit jarring to see knowing that actor met his tragic end after the scene was shot.
"Fast and Furious 7" is scheduled to premiere on April 10, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic's Beckett To See Nathan Fillion's Rick 'On A Sugar Rush' Again [REVIEW]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery