Real Madrid Transfer Update: Morata, Casillas And Di Maria Out, Suarez In?
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 11, 2014 1:26 PM EST
Bidding news flowing in from various clubs about an interest to sign Angel Di Maria which has become a hot topic right after Real Madrid won the UEFA Champions League Title in less than a month. While no deal has been officially announced about Di Maria, another Real Madrid player, Alvaro Morata is now in the middle of a bidding war among top European clubs.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo (R) celebrates with team mate Alvaro Morata (L) after scoring a penalty against Atletico Madrid during their Champions League final soccer match at the Luz Stadium in Lisbon May 24, 2014.
Winning titles and stellar individual performances would put any club and its players under the spotlight and would attract immediate interest in the transfer market. Look at Atletico Madrid who broke out this year by winning the Spanish La Liga Title and making it to the Champions League finalS. Next year, many of the players in the team would be gone having been offered lucrative deals elsewhere. Diego Costa will be with Chelsea and fellow striker David Villa has made a deal with MLS club NYCFC.
Arsenal is one of the top clubs targeting Morata. But recent reports indicated the Real Madrid striker is closer to a deal on loan to Villareal. The gunners have had Morata in their sights since January but the deal never transpired and the summer transfer window is their next chance, one which might soon slip away from their grasp. Italian Champions Juventus are reportedly also going after Morata and German side Wolfsburg.
Unlike Di Maria who seems uncertain about wanting to move, Morata has indicated a desire to seek greener pastures in a club where he can play more.
"Morata would like to look for an opportunity where he has more minutes. The club agrees and is exploring that option, it would be good to give him the opportunity for a year. If Morata leaves, we have to think about a similar forward who is young," Real Madrid Carlo Ancelotti said in a recent interview, during the presentation of his Web site at the Italian Embassy in Madrid. His words indicated Real Madrid is open to letting go of Morata next season but only on loan for a year.
Meanwhile, Ancelotti also addressed rumors about the club's interest in signing Luis Suarez.
"Everyone can see that Suarez is very good. He is quality, but to speak about that would lack respect. It's impossible to improve the Real Madrid attack with Cristiano, Benzema, Bale, Jese;... The strikers are very competitive."
Apparently, Ancelotti would like to stick with the adage; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," which he is also using when it comes to his goalkeepers and the fate of Angel Di Maria.
"After winning the Decima everyone went on holiday. The club spoke with Casillas, who is very happy to stay here and we're all satisfied. Di Maria knows that he is well-loved. The manager, the club and the fans love him. He has no doubts there," Ancelotti ended.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop