Real Madrid Transfer Update: Morata, Casillas And Di Maria Out, Suarez In?
By Christine Jane Caparras | June 11, 2014 1:26 PM EST
Bidding news flowing in from various clubs about an interest to sign Angel Di Maria which has become a hot topic right after Real Madrid won the UEFA Champions League Title in less than a month. While no deal has been officially announced about Di Maria, another Real Madrid player, Alvaro Morata is now in the middle of a bidding war among top European clubs.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo (R) celebrates with team mate Alvaro Morata (L) after scoring a penalty against Atletico Madrid during their Champions League final soccer match at the Luz Stadium in Lisbon May 24, 2014.
Winning titles and stellar individual performances would put any club and its players under the spotlight and would attract immediate interest in the transfer market. Look at Atletico Madrid who broke out this year by winning the Spanish La Liga Title and making it to the Champions League finalS. Next year, many of the players in the team would be gone having been offered lucrative deals elsewhere. Diego Costa will be with Chelsea and fellow striker David Villa has made a deal with MLS club NYCFC.
Arsenal is one of the top clubs targeting Morata. But recent reports indicated the Real Madrid striker is closer to a deal on loan to Villareal. The gunners have had Morata in their sights since January but the deal never transpired and the summer transfer window is their next chance, one which might soon slip away from their grasp. Italian Champions Juventus are reportedly also going after Morata and German side Wolfsburg.
Unlike Di Maria who seems uncertain about wanting to move, Morata has indicated a desire to seek greener pastures in a club where he can play more.
"Morata would like to look for an opportunity where he has more minutes. The club agrees and is exploring that option, it would be good to give him the opportunity for a year. If Morata leaves, we have to think about a similar forward who is young," Real Madrid Carlo Ancelotti said in a recent interview, during the presentation of his Web site at the Italian Embassy in Madrid. His words indicated Real Madrid is open to letting go of Morata next season but only on loan for a year.
Meanwhile, Ancelotti also addressed rumors about the club's interest in signing Luis Suarez.
"Everyone can see that Suarez is very good. He is quality, but to speak about that would lack respect. It's impossible to improve the Real Madrid attack with Cristiano, Benzema, Bale, Jese;... The strikers are very competitive."
Apparently, Ancelotti would like to stick with the adage; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," which he is also using when it comes to his goalkeepers and the fate of Angel Di Maria.
"After winning the Decima everyone went on holiday. The club spoke with Casillas, who is very happy to stay here and we're all satisfied. Di Maria knows that he is well-loved. The manager, the club and the fans love him. He has no doubts there," Ancelotti ended.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Chelsea FC: Spanish NT Doctor Belies Mourinho's Claim That Diego Costa Aggravated Hamstring Injury
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists