2014 World Cup Update: American Sports Stars, Celebrities Join ‘I Believe’ Rally for Team USA Soccer
By James Patrick Quizon | June 11, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The American Outlaws, the U.S’ men’s national team supporters group made the “I Believe” chant famous. Now, American sports stars and celebrities are joining the rally with their own version in a video released by ESPN.
Jurgen Klinsmann (C), head coach of the U.S. men's national soccer team, talks with his team during a team training session in Harrison, New Jersey, May 30, 2014.
Among the popular personalities who made an appearance in the video are Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, late-night host Jimmy Kimmel, actors Jon Hamm, Kevin Costner, Whoopi Goldberg, and hip-hop artist Ice Cube among many others. ‘
Watch the video below (courtesy of YouTube/ESPN):
The 2014 World Cup opens June 12 with hosts Brazil kicking off the greatest football tournament in the world against Croatia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider