2014 World Cup Update: American Sports Stars, Celebrities Join ‘I Believe’ Rally for Team USA Soccer
By James Patrick Quizon | June 11, 2014 12:52 PM EST
The American Outlaws, the U.S’ men’s national team supporters group made the “I Believe” chant famous. Now, American sports stars and celebrities are joining the rally with their own version in a video released by ESPN.
Jurgen Klinsmann (C), head coach of the U.S. men's national soccer team, talks with his team during a team training session in Harrison, New Jersey, May 30, 2014.
Among the popular personalities who made an appearance in the video are Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo, Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, late-night host Jimmy Kimmel, actors Jon Hamm, Kevin Costner, Whoopi Goldberg, and hip-hop artist Ice Cube among many others. ‘
Watch the video below (courtesy of YouTube/ESPN):
The 2014 World Cup opens June 12 with hosts Brazil kicking off the greatest football tournament in the world against Croatia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June