Death Hoax Alert: Sylvester Stallone Reportedly Killed in Snowboarding Accident
By Anne Lu | June 11, 2014 12:33 PM EST
Sylvester Stallone has died yet again on the Internet. The 67-year-old action superstar becomes the latest victim of a death hoax report, sending some of his fans in frenzy over their beloved idol’s supposed death.
Actors Sylvester Stallone (L) and Mel Gibson, cast members of the film \"The Expendables 3\", pose on the red carpet during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Regis Duvignau
Sly’s purported “death” isn’t supposed to be news anymore. Malicious and false reports claiming that the actor died from an accident have been around for years, but have apparently gained traction just recently after a Facebook page called “R.I.P. Sylvester Stallone” attracted nearly one million of likes.
The Facebook page isn’t searchable anymore.
MediaMass has captured the text on its “About” page, which reads: “At about 11 a.m. ET on Monday (June 09, 2014), our beloved actor Sylvester Stallone passed away. Sylvester Stallone was born on July 6, 1946 in New York. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.”
Stallone’s hundreds of fans wrote their condolences on the page, which has garnered over one million of “likes.”
Media Fetcher also reported on the fake news, claiming Stallone died from a snowboard accident on Wednesday, June 11.
“The actor & novice snowboarder was vacationing at the Zermatt ski resort in Zermatt, Switzerland with family and friends. Witnesses indicate that Sylvester Stallone lost control of his snowboard and struck a tree at a high rate of speed,” the site reported.
“Sylvester Stallone was air lifted by ski patrol teams to a local hospital, however, it is believed that the actor died instantly from the impact of the crash. The actor was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident and drugs and alcohol do not appear to have played any part in his death.”
Fortunately, no matter how many times his death has been reported online in the past, Stallone is still alive and well.
He will be starring in “The Expendables 3” with some of the biggest action stars from the past and present generations, including Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture, Wesley Snipes, Antonio Banderas, Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
It will be released in theatres in August.
Media Fletcher is the same site that has reported Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s alleged death back in April as well.
According to the false report, the wrestler-turned-actor died while filming a movie in New Zealand after falling more than 60 feet on the Kauri Cliffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon