Samsung News: Galaxy Foldable Reported, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Up for T-Mobile and Galaxy Core Lite Become Official
By Gel Galang | June 11, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Samsung is one of the companies that have been knee-deep in research and development of foldable displays. It seems the fruits of those efforts will come to light in 2015.
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014.
In the most recent report, foldable display may be spotted in a tablet that's full HD super AMOLED. Phone Arena reports the display would be made of plastic, which may be the key towards foldable display without worry of a bezel in the middle. The report adds the bended plastic is already at the stage where even folding a thousand times does not compromise the quality of the device.
The new information came from a Korean publication, which also points out the foldable display can be folded twice to make the display smaller to a 4- or 5-inch display.
If this research becomes possible in an actual product, Samsung could be the pioneer towards creating a tablet-to-phone (and vice versa)—and it can be a game-changer in terms of the next string of devices that will sport this kind of foldable display. It may be a bridge between the "bigger is better" screen, wherein users can have more than one choice of display size in just once device.
T-Mobile to Get Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
T-Mobile subscribers may want to get ready for the arrival of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 on LTE, if a rumour is to be believed. Talk Android reports this may be a change of pace, seeing as how there were no LTE versions when it was first released early this year.
If the rumour is to be believed, T-Mobile may be getting the Samsung LTE device in the summer, though a definitive pricing or release date for the device has not yet been given.
For now, take this piece with a grain of salt until the offiical announcement of the device is made by Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy Core Lite Announced
The Samsung Galaxy Core Lite with LTE is real. It has just been announced at a press conference in Taiwan. GSM Arena reports this was done alongside the LTE versions of the Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 3 Neo and the Note 3.
The new addition to the Samsung list of handsets sports a 4.7-inch display, a quad-core Cortex-A7 processor, a Snapdragon 400 chipset, 1 GB of RAM, 2,000-mAh battery, a 5-MP camera and the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean processor.
For now, the Samsung Galaxy Core Lite has not yet been announced for other markets, but it's sold for TWD7,990 in Taiwan, which is around €195, at launch.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase