Samsung News: Galaxy Foldable Reported, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Up for T-Mobile and Galaxy Core Lite Become Official
By Gel Galang | June 11, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Samsung is one of the companies that have been knee-deep in research and development of foldable displays. It seems the fruits of those efforts will come to light in 2015.
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014.
In the most recent report, foldable display may be spotted in a tablet that's full HD super AMOLED. Phone Arena reports the display would be made of plastic, which may be the key towards foldable display without worry of a bezel in the middle. The report adds the bended plastic is already at the stage where even folding a thousand times does not compromise the quality of the device.
The new information came from a Korean publication, which also points out the foldable display can be folded twice to make the display smaller to a 4- or 5-inch display.
If this research becomes possible in an actual product, Samsung could be the pioneer towards creating a tablet-to-phone (and vice versa)—and it can be a game-changer in terms of the next string of devices that will sport this kind of foldable display. It may be a bridge between the "bigger is better" screen, wherein users can have more than one choice of display size in just once device.
T-Mobile to Get Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
T-Mobile subscribers may want to get ready for the arrival of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 on LTE, if a rumour is to be believed. Talk Android reports this may be a change of pace, seeing as how there were no LTE versions when it was first released early this year.
If the rumour is to be believed, T-Mobile may be getting the Samsung LTE device in the summer, though a definitive pricing or release date for the device has not yet been given.
For now, take this piece with a grain of salt until the offiical announcement of the device is made by Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy Core Lite Announced
The Samsung Galaxy Core Lite with LTE is real. It has just been announced at a press conference in Taiwan. GSM Arena reports this was done alongside the LTE versions of the Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 3 Neo and the Note 3.
The new addition to the Samsung list of handsets sports a 4.7-inch display, a quad-core Cortex-A7 processor, a Snapdragon 400 chipset, 1 GB of RAM, 2,000-mAh battery, a 5-MP camera and the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean processor.
For now, the Samsung Galaxy Core Lite has not yet been announced for other markets, but it's sold for TWD7,990 in Taiwan, which is around €195, at launch.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Thanksgiving 2014: Five Ways To Take Better Photos With Smartphone Camera
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast