Samsung News: Galaxy Foldable Reported, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Up for T-Mobile and Galaxy Core Lite Become Official
By Gel Galang | June 11, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Samsung is one of the companies that have been knee-deep in research and development of foldable displays. It seems the fruits of those efforts will come to light in 2015.
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014.
In the most recent report, foldable display may be spotted in a tablet that's full HD super AMOLED. Phone Arena reports the display would be made of plastic, which may be the key towards foldable display without worry of a bezel in the middle. The report adds the bended plastic is already at the stage where even folding a thousand times does not compromise the quality of the device.
The new information came from a Korean publication, which also points out the foldable display can be folded twice to make the display smaller to a 4- or 5-inch display.
If this research becomes possible in an actual product, Samsung could be the pioneer towards creating a tablet-to-phone (and vice versa)—and it can be a game-changer in terms of the next string of devices that will sport this kind of foldable display. It may be a bridge between the "bigger is better" screen, wherein users can have more than one choice of display size in just once device.
T-Mobile to Get Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
T-Mobile subscribers may want to get ready for the arrival of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 on LTE, if a rumour is to be believed. Talk Android reports this may be a change of pace, seeing as how there were no LTE versions when it was first released early this year.
If the rumour is to be believed, T-Mobile may be getting the Samsung LTE device in the summer, though a definitive pricing or release date for the device has not yet been given.
For now, take this piece with a grain of salt until the offiical announcement of the device is made by Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy Core Lite Announced
The Samsung Galaxy Core Lite with LTE is real. It has just been announced at a press conference in Taiwan. GSM Arena reports this was done alongside the LTE versions of the Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 3 Neo and the Note 3.
The new addition to the Samsung list of handsets sports a 4.7-inch display, a quad-core Cortex-A7 processor, a Snapdragon 400 chipset, 1 GB of RAM, 2,000-mAh battery, a 5-MP camera and the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean processor.
For now, the Samsung Galaxy Core Lite has not yet been announced for other markets, but it's sold for TWD7,990 in Taiwan, which is around €195, at launch.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report